Results Nsw 2007 Homebrewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a beer come dead last by score at the AABC a couple of years ago.

I didnt feel alienated..... a bit embaresed perhaps but i learned a lot about making smoked beers :p

I was still proud to have competed and learnt not to send scary beers with home Ironbark smoked malt in them to scare the pants off national judges with flavours like ham, bacon and wiskey.

hehehehe

It did taste like a bush fire in your mouth :rolleyes: I liked it anyway.

cheers

Edit: corection on that.... just looked. It was a Scottish 80-/ that i put some of the said smoked malt in. they hated the character it gave the beer. I scored 40 / 150. They really hated it. The comments on the state comp sheets were positive saying it was a good beer but once they got to the national comp....... the little faults really count and you get stung for em. Hell it is the highest level of competition a homebrewer can enter isnt it?

cheers again

maybe just a list of the scores so that when people get their sheets they can see where they came without alienating anyone who perhaps does not want their exact position known?

but then again it is a public competition.. B) im easy
Bah - I already know most of my beers are loaded with DMS. I don't mind being alienated! :party:

BOS in a seperate judging would be a difficult proposition i believe because there is no way a single 750ml bottle would be appropriate. you would need to enter 2 bottles of no less than 500mls to have enough for the judging then to be dug out at the end for the BOS. Considering the logistical problems do you really think its necessary? sure the current beer beer of show may not reflect the best beer but maybe it does?[/supcolor]

As one of the jug emptiers, I think it should be compulsory for everyone to enter two 750ml bottles for possible BOS tasting. Apart from the fact we would need three extra fridges, poor Ray would spend twice as long labelling and storing, but think of the upside - about 140 extra bottles of beer left over ! Some of us wouldn't have to brew for weeks !!! Bring it on.

PS Capretta -trying your chilli beer tonight. If I die overnight, it was good meeting you !!!

here is a clip of the coverage from the local tv station, the details are a little sparse and we had 150 entries but i was ill prepared for the role of media liasion!

Hmmmm, Better show the wife that, she still thinks all we did was throw down megaswill lager all weekend.

I'm pretty keen to see it published, similar to ANAWBS. I don't have a problem if someone sees me come dead last in a class - again, for me, similar to ANAWBS. I like to see where my other beers finished in the pack.

If Barry's OB got 42/150, I'm in with a show. I reckon I'm the only other entrant!

Hi crew
Well I just don't have the time at the moment to list all results as I have and will be busy here at home working at nite as well on my new business.
I feel there are some brewers out there that really don't want the world to know they came at the bottom of the ladder in their entry and I shall keep it that way as I don't want them emailing me or calling me, let alone coming down the driveway with a baseball bat.
Soon I will publish the scores as to bottle numbers only.
If you want to know how you went with your mates you can contact them and chat about it when you get your score sheets.
If I give out the full results to brewers out there it will just open up a huge can of worms which me and our club really don't want.
Its OK for some of you to have a dig at a mate, but think about the mate that just wants his feed back sheet and keep it to himself.
Sorry, at the end of the day you have the results, and that's it.
Ray

Fair enough, Ray. No worries if that's the way you'd rather run it.

And a big thanks for all the work you've put into the comp(s) this year. All ran smoothly on the days and there was a great atmosphere as well. :super: :chug: :party:

I know this is showing off but this may never happen for me again so im going to enjoy it and give you lot a look.

just finished a bottle....... had to make sure it was right to send the the AABC

thought i would try out my new fullers ESB pint glass.

Loved the fact it said "champion ale" on the glass.

no more bragging i promise :)

cheers

Old_Ale__549_x_824_.jpg

Guys,

sorry about the delay, but some photos from Saturday are in the gallery here

Beers

Crozdog

Surely there should be some sort of warning for that gallery, croz? :angry:

MA - this gallery contains pictures which may be offensive or disturbing to some viewers. :p

:lol: Like your expression in photo 6 "sat ipa", says it all....infected perhaps?

:lol: Like your expression in photo 6 "sat ipa", says it all....infected perhaps?

judging by how I'm looking at the beer in photo 8 It could be 1 of those infected drops B) - then again it could just be due to it being the 1st beer of the day :lol:

Looks like it's not exactly my dream beer anyway. Croz doesn't look too impressed with his beer either. :rolleyes:

Was Kenny Rogers or Santa judging ;)

Coulda sworn I saw them in some of the pics .......

and you wouldnt want kids looking at "sat ipa1"

craigs shorts are about to disappear

Just a reminder to Hunter Brewers

If you qualified for the nationals, get your entries in to the shop before close of trade Saturday; for dispatch on Monday morning.

The shop will cover freight as usual.

Congratulations to all, good to see the Hunter doing so well again.

MHB

Guys,

sorry about the delay, but some photos from Saturday are in the gallery here

Beers

Crozdog

Great pics - Some names attached would be appreciated from us out of towners :icon_cheers:

Cheers ross

Latest posts

Back