Results Nsw 2007 Homebrewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a few styles are missing from the Aussie comps, View attachment 15686 you need to plan ahead and choose a style that is in the guidelines if you want to enter a comp, get feedback on you beer and be judged alongside other beers, just don't expect there to be too many beer in the speciality category to compete with your Smoked Pumpkin Buckwheat Vanilla Beer!

Hasn't all this been covered before

Simple maths shows that the BJCP recognises 96 styles in 23 categories then there must be some styles that are restricted from competing in the AABC.

David

Whilst it is ideal to have all styles in categories in a comp, I would suggest you need to have the entries to support it. Where is the satisfaction of winning a class that has bugger all entries, goes against the idea of a competition really doesn't it?
On the subject of BOS if you go to the trouble of gathering a panel of judges for each class to remove the bias factor, I don't see why you don't do the same to determine a Champion Beer which in my mind would seem the greater prize?

Edit - Deleted my post as to not clog this thread announcing winners, etc... with any more of my crap.
Apologies for OT posting.
Trent

Cheers to Ray, the IBU's, & all that gave up their time in the organising & running of the comp :beer:
& congrats to the placers.
:icon_cheers:

Dan.

Congrats to Les Hart for winning a place with a Ninny Lager. Who would have thought a Bitter Man would go to the dark side... and win!

Scotty

Cheers to Ray, the IBUs and all those involved in organising and judging the comp. Congrats to all the entrants and esp to Tony and Barry. Best of luck to all the placegetters in the nationals.

My first comp entered so am pretty stoked to get a few places. Look fwd to the feedback.

Cheers
Andrew

a great time had by all! :D

BOS in a seperate judging would be a difficult proposition i believe because there is no way a single 750ml bottle would be appropriate. you would need to enter 2 bottles of no less than 500mls to have enough for the judging then to be dug out at the end for the BOS. Considering the logistical problems do you really think its necessary? sure the current beer beer of show may not reflect the best beer but maybe it does?
Anyway im stoked i picked up my first place in a big comp ( 3rd in stout ) any day i come just after barry is a good day! being steward for the belgian category was a big highlight and i will be sure to assume pole position for the nationals.

and thanks to fat godzilla for reminding me of my grevious error. <_< To anyone that didnt know, i was sitting at home on sat night reflecting on my entries and realised that i entered my 1.5 year old dopplebock into the australian pale ale category!! Oh the humanity! Needless to say i stormed in with a second last.. I wont make that mistake again! :D

As a first time entrant, I'd also like to thank everyone involved, and congratulate all the successful brewers. I managed to score myself a place, and am still chuffed. Looking forward to getting the judge sheets back, so I can do better next year!

Congrats to everyone

A few ISB'ers names in there, Mike and Stu mainly ;)

and thanks to fat godzilla for reminding me of my grevious error. <_< To anyone that didnt know, i was sitting at home on sat night reflecting on my entries and realised that i entered my 1.5 year old dopplebock into the australian pale ale category!! Oh the humanity! Needless to say i stormed in with a second last.. I wont make that mistake again! :D

So what was the beer thay came last like........ must have been a fair wack from style :eek:

and thanks to fat godzilla for reminding me of my grevious error. To anyone that didnt know, i was sitting at home on sat night reflecting on my entries and realised that i entered my 1.5 year old dopplebock into the australian pale ale category!! Oh the humanity! Needless to say i stormed in with a second last.. I wont make that mistake again!

That explains a lot. :lol:

I judged that category. Good beer, just nothing like an Aussie pale. Not surprising considering it was a doppelbock. Shame you didn't enter it in the right category. :(

Tony, I'm not sure exactly (there were 21 beers in that big category!), but there were a few beers with some faults like phenolics, DMS. Certainly nothing wrong with entering them, but they might be the ones that scored lower than the doppelbock pale ale. :lol:

Finding the venue was half the fun. It is behind the houses on the South side of Hopetoun St, there are two access ways to the hall: driveway-like easements.

I don't think full results will be published (Ray??) but all entrants will have their score sheets mailed back to them.

Ha might have been more fun to actually find it.

Are the full results not going to be published because they arent compiled or some other reason? If there is such a list is it possible to email it?

Ha might have been more fun to actually find it.

Are the full results not going to be published because they arent compiled or some other reason? If there is such a list is it possible to email it?

I must admit, I'd love to have a preview of my scores before the score sheets come out.

I'm slowly recovering from the shock of actually seeing my name on the results sheet. Albeit a shared 3rd place, can I now call myself an "award winning brewer"? :icon_cheers:

Thanks for organising and drinking my other entry as well.

So, can I now just send in another bottle to the nationals?

Ray's the man with the score sheets. I'll PM his attention to this thread.

maybe just a list of the scores so that when people get their sheets they can see where they came without alienating anyone who perhaps does not want their exact position known?

but then again it is a public competition.. B) im easy

Back