Results Nsw 2007 Homebrewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
We managed to get all the judging completed by this afternoon, I need to thank everyone who turned up to judge, stewart, general duties and cleanup, without you all it would have never gone so smoothly. Im buggered and off to bed its been a long weekend

Enjoy the sleep Ray, I'm sure you deserve it :) .

And congratulations to all involved. Takes an army to get through these shows.

Conratulations to all the placegetters, a few familiar names and no doubt some that will become familiar.

awrabest, stu

Hi
We managed to get all the judging completed by this afternoon, I need to thank everyone who turned up to judge, stewart, general duties and cleanup, without you all it would have never gone so smoothly. Im buggered and off to bed its been a long weekend

Results
http://ibunion.org/

Cheers
Ray
Good work and congratulations to you and your team Ray. I'm glad it all went smoothly.

Great to see the results posted so incredibly speedily.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who particpated: winners, entrants, judges, stewards and all the other helpers.

Thanks one and all for your time and effort,

Keith

Well done Ray and all that helped out.Enjoy your rest as im sure it will be well deserved.Yep a few reconisable names including Barry.Who must surely brew every day except when hes asleep. ;)

Cheers
Big D

Contrats to Barry and Tony, taking out the gongs. Well done to all the other prizegetters too.

I think we should get Barry to give classes. The man must be a brewing machine. Well done Tony and Doc and Weiz guy as well.

Wow the Old ale went well. Im in a bit of shock.

A big thanks to Ray and the gang for running the comp.......... hats off mate. A big job!

Did you run the BOS round?

Im feeling like i won lotto and keep looking to see if its really my name.

I cant wait to see some comments on the score sheets for the other beers i entered. I love feedback on beers to improve on the style.

Les...... after drinking your IIPA the other night i can see how the style is suposed to go........... mine was an IIIIPA. great beer as i said somewhere else :). the beer burps were edible.

Congrats to all place getters and for that matter....... all enterants. Your score sheets...... good or bad will help improve your brewing. Thats why i enter comps and like to pour the said beer and read the sheets while i sip and sniff. its learning in its best form.

cheers

Congrats to all the winners and the competitors who sent their beer in to the NSW comp rather than drinking it.

Big cheers to the organisers and the AHB guys and the Newie guys.

Good to see a few new names in there, too.

Tony, I'm always happy to be beaten by a better beer. You know you have to give me a bottle now, don't you?

A couple of surprises in there for me...especially the fruit beer.

Thanks again to all who contributed and participated.

Beerz
Les :p

Thanks to Ray and all the others who did the work to get this show on the road. :beerbang:

Congratulations to all the winners. Lots of familiar names there, with lots of AHBers (and ISBers) doing well. :D

I noticed that there were only 2 entries in the low alcohol class, so no awards. Seems fair enough to me.

What does this mean for AABC qualification for these beers - are they in or out?

Congratulations everyone.

I was down there for the saturday and it was a great day. Ray, love the chilli condiments, will have to buy a bottle or two off you when the ISB IBU joint venture happens.

Well done Tony, Barry, and indeed all of the others who walked away with prestige of being place getters. Great stuff. Thanks also to all of the judges, stewards, etc who made this happen so successfully.

Cheers,

Beejay

thought it might have been :p

couldnt see you making a fosters light ice clone

cheers

Thanks to Ray & the IBUers for arranging a top event & the stewards for helping out. I went down and judged on both days so if anyone wants my scrawl decyphered let me know. :ph34r:

Well done Tony for the Old Ale, it was superb! :icon_chickcheers:

Congratulations to all the winners and place getters - there is some great beer being made in NSW - with lots of AHBers up there.

Top work from the other ISBers - Luke, Stuart, Mike, Craig. :beer:

Beers

Philip

Was a top day on saturday, thanks to our gracious IBU hosts and the comic relief provided by the "jug drainers" who helped keep the drains free of beer by finishing of the samples after each judging.

Congrats to the palce getters and even those that didn't get a place, there were many good beers and others that just need some tweaking.

Was a top day on saturday, thanks to our gracious IBU hosts and the comic relief provided by the "jug drainers" who helped keep the drains free of beer by finishing off the samples after each judging.

Comic relief indeed ! That was serious scientific research by a small team of dedicated beer brewing technicians, plus the big bloke who lived next door. Clearly, we were like the people's judges, those who were prepared to sample each and every entry to ensure that each bottle brewed got its justified appraisals and accolades before the contents reached its fitting conclusion, down the gullets of beer loving men.

Besides, the drain' s for rain, not well crafted beers.

Mind you, some of the soil around the scout hall won't be able to give life to any form of vegetation for some years to come !!!

Wait until some of the photos hit the sites !!!

Well done to Ray, the IBUers and all who helped. Your time and effort is very much appreciated !!!. Homebrewing is a great hobby and the competitions add another dimension to it. Well done to all who placed, & entered.

Its the first time I've ever placed so forgive the blatant showing off..

FIRST PLACE STOUT - YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Sorry. Won't happen again.

Well done Tony on best of show. That Old Ale was truly excellent. Tell us, how long was it aged?

Congratulations to all place getters.

I was lucky enough to judge on three flights and tasted the best of most of the other categories and I must say, the standard of brewing in NSW is superb. On with the Nationals!!

Latest posts

Back