Removing Tap From Font - How To?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Attached is a quick photo of my tap and font. I bought this second hand so I haven't had to remove the taps as yet however I'm having some flow issues with 1 of them so I want to remove it and give it a good clean.

I cannot seem to work out how they come off? Is there a trick it it?

Thanks

beer-font.jpg

If you can't budge the locking nut ( the one with the holes in it where the tap attaches to the font) then a tap spanner is the answer available at any good LHBS or available from one of the sponsers above

I just bought the craftbrewer Faucet Wrench to get my taps off but I cannot seem to budge the nut. Which way should the nut turn to loosen it?

Thanks

Facing the font (with the tap pointing into your chest) it goes clockwise.

Clockwise, that is the opposite way to "intuitive". By leaning on it the "normal" direction you've probably tightened it really well, but don't panic, they will come off ok.

Thanks Guys, finally got the first one off. Scratched the shit out of the nut but it eventually came off. Pretty dirty, looks like it hasn't been done before (I bought them secondhand)

Cheers :D

A bit late now but I was going to suggest wrapping a cloth around it and using something like pliers or multigrips etc.

I read somewhere someone uses a small hex key.

For what it's worth though, best to get the proper tool imo.

Latest posts

Back