Relaxation on a Sunday Morning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grott

Beer Embalmer
Reaction score
FDD88E69-5055-443B-BE57-50DEC0B0CA23.jpeg cant beat a a cold beer, watching Players Championship Darts on a fine Sunday morning.

Do the commentators still call it like, ONE HUNDRED AND FORRRR TEEEE!!!!

Is it Sunday already? So that's why the school bus didn't wake me up this morning.
Bastards.

Yesterday I built some overhead keg storage in the shed, today I'm cleaning up the shed ...again.
Darts and Beer would've been better.

Daughters took SWMBO shopping, I said I would put the home brew gear away. Best place I could find to store the FV is in the brew fridge & it's a waste to have it in there empty. Brew put down, cleaned up & watching the cricket.

Not very relaxing for me.
Painful frequent pissing with a urinary tract infection.
Did manage to see a GP this morning in the clinic next to our local hospital.
Worst of all, no alcohol, too painful.

We used to have a dartboard at the end of the corridor at home when I was in my early teens. My dad was a teacher and his cohort at school had some pretty serious and organised lunchtime competition. It meant masking tape on mums prized hallway carpet, and it also meant my sister had to be very careful coming out of her room which was at the dartboard end of the corridor.

And of course I am always a fan of a sport where elite 'athletes' can look like Phil 'The Power'!

edit to stay on topic: kids were up and arguing way too early. Went to K-mart to get bike storage hooks, and they didn't have them in stock (fail). Uncle Dans is right next door so I went there and got some Bentspoke Sprocket (a BIG IPA) instead (win).

You have reminded me of my early dart days, board on the kitchen door. All was ok until me and my pissed mates put more holes in the door than on the board. The good women was right in giving us the boot, you young ones, that’s how I got my shed, ha ha

should be an Olympic Sport, has to be better than synchronised swimming ffs! and the venues going to get used after the event - a bloody big PUB whats not to like…..

No worries, but as I drank the 5 litre keg inside (yes I’m a pig but the darts went on for a while) I’ve removed the keg and mini reg, cleaned etc so will post picks in a mock set up within next few days.

Hopefully I get shot down in flames here, but I never understood the appeal of watching darts, golf, bowls and snooker on the TV. Enjoyable enough to play them yourself (maybe not for golf...) but to watch on TV? Sorry, not for me!

Last edited:
No worries, but as I drank the 5 litre keg inside (yes I’m a pig but the darts went on for a while) I’ve removed the keg and mini reg, cleaned etc so will post picks in a mock set up within next few days.

Its the ******* tap I tell you. Back when bottles were the order of the day, I deliberately made beers like 8-9% Belgian strongs (drunk from a brandy goblet..cos I'm a wanker) so I'd tap out before accruing a bench top covered in emptys and a bunch of cleaning. Once kegs hit the scene, the trend became 5% and under, and pint glasses. Its just to easy.
The novelty still hasn't worn off.

Your so right Dave and I treat these mini kegs as if they are one big bottle. And for cleaning you must get one of those pumps. Take esky to sink, rinse out keg, put some sodium perc solution in, replace spear, pump air through gas post, open tap. ******* done. That easy can do pissed where bottles have many a bad tale to tell.

Back