Regulator not working...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsonAd

Reaction score
Didnt get any traction in gear and equipment so will try here.

My keg king mk3 reg has stopped working for some reason. Neither of the guages are showing any action but there is gas in the tank and it's comeing out of tank ok when i depress gasbottle.

To my non technical mind (excuse my lack of knowlwdge for technical names if the reg) it seems like an issue with the connection between the tank and reg. When i look i cant see how the connection bit on the reg would ever reach far enough in to the gas bottle to depress the bit that then expells the co2. All looks in order though....

Any thoughts or assistance welcomed.

Try another (thinner) seal maybe. I once had that issue.

Gas cylinders with a tap don't tend to have depressable valves in them (afaik) so nothing needs depressing
Do you have one way valves on your gas line, is it possible beer flowed back up the gasline and killed the regulator?

No one way valve, have been meaning to get around to that, and was wondering if that was the issue but i hadn't changed kegs or fiddled around with the gas line so was hoping that wouldnt be the case. Are there tell-tale signs when that happens?

Nothing obvious there so might be something else... i will continue to investigate

Hi, you state it has "stopped working for some reason" therefore I assume it has been working. If that is the case beer may well have come up the the line. Try by disconnecting the gas line from the Reg and then turn the bottle on and see if gas flows and gauges work, turn pressure up a bit to force out any crap.

So i tested my reg on a mates gas and it worked fine. I compared the two gas bottles and mine has a depressable valve, see picture, where as my mates doesnt. If this is the thing that is stopping my gas from working it seems odd because i have been usong it for 4 months or so without issue, so why is it a problem now? Is this some kind of safety system to stop gas escaping that ive somehow triggered?

20161116_082038.jpg

Latest posts

Back