Regs In The Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
I am in the process of finalizing my keezer build but have to make the decision to have the regulator and gas in the freezer or out of it.

I have a Tesuco Dual Reg and a 2.6kg bottle and the room in the freezer, but I am a bit scepticle to have it in the freezer. If in the freezer will this shorten the expected lifespan of the equipment?
There are obviously benefits by having it in the freezer but what are the pitfalls of doing so, if any?

I've never done it, but a few people on here do store it in the keggerator.

The spare inside the keggerator is more important to me, so I prefer to leave it out.

QldKev

I have mine the keezer on the compressor hump, and although it is early days for the equipment, it is all running just fine. I also have an aluminium bottle, not steel... I was a bit concerned about moisture in the reg but so far I have had no issues.

I too am keen to see if anyone has had any poor side effects...

I've never done it, but a few people on here do store it in the keggerator.

The spare inside the keggerator is more important to me, so I prefer to leave it out.

QldKev

The freezer I am converting has room for 6 kegs + 2 on the hump. I'm going with 5 taps so if I have the room I am thinking about using the hump for the bottle and reg and still have room for 6 kegs.

I have a small Harris 601 in a small coverted freezer, and a large Tesuco in a large coverted freezer. Both have been there for over two years and I've never had a problem. That said occasionally the small reg when I change gas it makes a funny noise when the gas is turned back on (few seconds only).

Good luck

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Ive had mine in the converted freezer for over two years, and have had no problems so far

Latest posts

Back