Register of useful stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSMill

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is/should be/could be a register of useful tools/materials people have that are willing to loan out locally for build projects?

I seem to have purchased a lot of stuff that, brewery expansions notwithstanding I have limited use for. It's stuff that I want to hang onto for future requirements, but it's not going to run out/break from overuse. For example, some of my purchases/surplus includes:

• 3 x step bits, used to drill my stainless vessels for taps, and by keg fridge for taps
  • Tap magic, also purchased to drill said stainless, most of the bottle remains
  • Soldering iron and solder, purchased to repair a broken wire in my auber rtd probe.
  • A few screw terminal boards for building control panel (cheaper to buy in lots of 5 from china than one here)
  • A stick of JB water weld expoxy (potable water safe). Purchased to plug the hole from my broken sight tube, 95% of the tube remains.
  • Pliers that work on Oetiker clips (or....however you spell it). If your system is pretty static, you could get away with not owning a set.
  • crimping pliers/wire strippers for terminal connections (if say, you want to use fork/spade terminals rather than bare wire connections in your control panel)
Is there a use for a geographical central suppository (sorry Tony) for this type of thing, or is everyone else already doing this behind the scenes (or do people just like having their own stuff?)

Good idea mate.

I had a similar idea of starting a kind of tool co-op. Given a lot of guys on here are tradies I dunno if they'd find much use for it as they'd probably have most stuff anyway, but for guys like me who work office jobs and live in an apartment it'd sure come in handy.

Back