Regards from Venezuela

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now just wait for them to carbonate, and you have the first fruits of your endeavours!

Adding or using different specialty malts will change the colour, flavour and body of the beer. Like Mr Wibble says, stick to less than 10%, especially if you ended up making your own, otherwise you might risk having a beer that is too thick and cloying. Try 5% first and you can adjust it from there!

Enjoy :)

You asked,
Also, if I’m using the full volume mash BIAB method, can I add my specialty grain with my base malt when mashing?

Yes,

Thanks for the answers!

Since my goal is to make some pale ales and IPA´s I´ll stick to the 5%-10% of specialty

I added some specialty to my second batch, a bit less than 5% (I guess I wasn't that off) so I´ll wait to try it in a couple of weeks to see the difference from the first batch which has no specialty and play with the numbers.

Well I'll continue having fun brewing (and posting some pics about it) while asking the occasional beginner questions.

Gracias por todo!

Latest posts

Back