Reflections On Nhc2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sitting in the lounge at SFO with a bit of a wait for the flight so I thought that I would try to capture the essence of The 2009 NHC.

See the attached file.

Cheers Korev ( P1)

PS don't forget to get your entries ready for the ESB Winter Comp - Any of you who would like to Judge or Steward please PM me with your availability.

View attachment NHC_2009_Reflections.pdf

Sounds fantastic, Peter. Seems like you showed good stamina as well. Did you make every 9am presentations?

But was the judging so hard? :icon_cheers:

Sounds fantastic, Peter. Seems like you showed good stamina as well. Did you make every 9am presentations?

But was the judging so hard? :icon_cheers:

Well yes I was on time 08:00 judging and 09:00 presentations each day - mental state and dehydration notwithstanding! They used a simplified scoresheet for the 2nd round but had a queued system so if you finished quicker than the other 3 teams you judged more beers.

Off for 14 hours of plane sitting CU

P1

Nice one Peter. Do the banana's help with a hangover?

Have a safe trip back.

Great to see you had such a good time. I did listen to the presentation and real happy with the results for Jamil, Tasty and Doc. It is a pity that you had to stir up trouble at the TBN podcast. I think it was the "Oi". ESB this Friday, a bit smaller than what you are use to but friendly (no peanuts).

Sounds like a great time. Might have to factor Minneapolis into a trip next year.

Road trip ........... I'll take the Falcon. Anyone want in :rolleyes:

Wonder who owns the pub in Minneapolis these days !

Good stuff K - we are all very jealous !

Great to see you had such a good time.
ESB this Friday, a bit smaller than what you are use to but friendly (no peanuts).

Just catching up on some reading........

Yes, we kept the home fires burning for you P1.
However, despite what Charlie says, please leave it on. Besides, it won't hurt low carb'd Bitters anyway.
Glad you had a good time. See you tonight.

Barry,
I have some secreted away :)

P3

You lucky lucky *******....

So jealous, great report.

So how bad was J's beer?

Back