RecipeDB - test

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boingk

Reaction score

Southern Lager

Lager - California Common
All Grain
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

Mash at preferred temp, use US-05 to ferment at 16~18'C.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
4.5 kg JWM Traditional Ale Malt
0.25 kg JWM Light Munich
0.25 kg JWM Wheat Malt

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
40 g Pride of Ringwood (Pellet, 9.0AA%, 45mins)

Yeast

500 g DCL Yeast US-05 - American Ale
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.052 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.013 (calc)
  • Bitterness 36.3 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 5.07%
  • Colour 11 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 14 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

good idea to do a test. That's why I don't post on the DB any more, I would always end up with two separate threads happening (happened to someone else the other day I noticed) and if you make the slightest error it chucks you out, or when you have completed the process the link from the discussion thread doesn't work and you have to enter it manually. Too much bovver.

Try entering one of your recipes and see what gremlins come out of the woodwork (do gremlins live in woodwork?) :blink:

Hmmmmm.......... Maybe it's because I have only just got out of bed (got work tonight). But the frisbee still aint hit me in the head!

Oh dear...
The recipe seems complete and has a different title to that of this thread. Not sure the frisbee is headed shan's way at all.

Yer this thread is for the recipe Southern Lager by boingk. I just clicked on the DISCUSS RECIPE tab and this where i ended up?

Not your fault, mate.

I don't brew this style so I couldn't tell you about the mash temp. Seems in the ballpark to me, though.

Cheers bum. Thought I was goin starkin ravin MAD! Almost rang work to tell them I won't be attending work as I was waiting for a frisbee that was onroute for my forehead!

I've seen Bribie complain about the process before. In fact, I've been online watching him while he struggled with it more than any man born of woman has ever struggled with it before. It seems to me that Boink had no such issues. It seems to me that your last post is long winded way of saying that not only did you jump the gun but so did Bribie.

Before you go out of your fanciful way to explain how I am wrong again you'd best make sure you also show how the issue that Bribie has had with the system (and therefore the issue he is addressing) is in the generation of discussion pages. The recipe went up fine.

I'd cut back 600g of malt and add 500g of da sugaz, for an Aussie beer.

I've seen Bribie complain about the process before. In fact, I've been online watching him while he struggled with it more than any man born of woman has ever struggled with it before. It seems to me that Boink had no such issues. It seems to me that your last post is long winded way of saying that not only did you jump the gun but so did Bribie.

Before you go out of your fanciful way to explain how I am wrong again you'd best make sure you also show how the issue that Bribie has had with the system (and therefore the issue he is addressing) is in the generation of discussion pages. The recipe went up fine.

*Malted bites his tongue and runs away*

You're doing it wrong.

I have had a couple of goes at this now. Not a bad beer!
SHad some work mates over the other night and this was there fav beer. The other two were an Aussie amber ale and the good Dr S's golden ale. They highly recomend this beer for it's easy drinking nature. Might just add it to the summer list.

I did a 63c mash with a 78c mash out.

Give it a whirl!

Latest posts

Back