RecipeDB - Little Creatures Bright Ale Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did two cubes of this one today - slight alteration to the hops as I was short on Cascade without opening another kilo pack and didn't have time to vacuum seal etc. Fantastic looking wort, finished at 1047. I used 90g of B Saaz, 40g of Cascade and 22g of Amarillo - first time I've brewed with B Saaz so looking forward to tasting. :icon_cheers:

I recon it will be great.

I have made it before using B Saaz and amarillo and the spicy passion fruit was a great mod.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

Its scary how easy this is to drink!
Hmmm, tasting this while transferring to secondary I see the warning is not to be taken lightly :p . But it's just what I'm looking for, a really easy drinker, that's what I was scouring the DB for. Can see myself rotating LCBA and LFPA on one of my taps permanently.

I recon it will be great.

I have made it before using B Saaz and amarillo and the spicy passion fruit was a great mod.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

90g of B Saaz, 40g of Cascade and 22g of Amarillo for 42 litres.

6 weeks since it went in the fermenter. I did a few stubbies as well as kegs and trying a stubbie atm. I think it's even easier to drink than LCBA, pretty much tipping it straight down the gullet. It's going to be a real summer thirst quencher and that's what I wanted. I'll try with no Amarillo next time.

Thanks mate, nice recipe. :icon_cheers:

not a problem :)

But as i have said before...... i take no credit for the recipe, i just replicated the original, with a touch more hops. :)

Can't believe that I waited so long to make this. Cracked one open tonight after just 4 weeks bottle conditioning. Brilliant. It's not going to last long. Will make another batch of this ASAP and put it away for 6 months.

Thanks Tony.

Can't believe that I waited so long to make this. Cracked one open tonight after just 4 weeks bottle conditioning. Brilliant. It's not going to last long. Will make another batch of this ASAP and put it away for 6 months.

Thanks Tony.

Dont put it away for 6 months! This is a brilliant fresh beer. If you need some in 6 mths time, brew more, when you need it.
Seriously, its better young than old. Its my house beer.

See the pic here

Dont put it away for 6 months! This is a brilliant fresh beer. If you need some in 6 mths time, brew more, when you need it.
Seriously, its better young than old. Its my house beer.

See the pic here

I'll take your word for it, and as you say, it is tasting awesome right now. Brewing Neil's Nelson Sauvin Summer ale this weekend, but will have to put down the bright again when I have a free FV.

Your pics look great. Nice and clear!

This one looks like a must try for me I think. Is there a beersmith file floating round anywhere?

after reading through all 16 pages yesterday i thought i better go out and try this beer
my local drive through have these at $10 for 2 pint bottles, good deal
great tasting beer, this is next on my brew list!

Going to do this as my first AG brew tomorrow, heaps pumped!

Went to the homebrew shop this morning and got everything I need except the bloke in the shop had not even heard of B-Saaz. So flying blind and not knowing much about what would be a good substitute I bought some chinook (AAU 11.1%).

I am doing a 23L batch and have 50g each of cascade and chinook. Should I even use the chinook? If its ok what are some suggestions for modifying the hop additions for this brew?

Cheers,
Shep

after reading through all 16 pages yesterday i thought i better go out and try this beer
my local drive through have these at $10 for 2 pint bottles, good deal
great tasting beer, this is next on my brew list!

Dude ???

Going to do this as my first AG brew tomorrow, heaps pumped!

Went to the homebrew shop this morning and got everything I need except the bloke in the shop had not even heard of B-Saaz. So flying blind and not knowing much about what would be a good substitute I bought some chinook (AAU 11.1%).

I am doing a 23L batch and have 50g each of cascade and chinook. Should I even use the chinook? If its ok what are some suggestions for modifying the hop additions for this brew?

Cheers,
Shep

It will be fine im sure..... just not the same.

Hope you recalculated the bitterness with the 11.1% Chinook

Brewed this one, would be interested to know if less wheat would give me a lighter, less mouth feel brew when compared to the original.r

Drinking this now, ripping drop. Light and easy to drink. Will have this on tap in time for the Perth summer for sure.

Tasted this against the real thing and I preferred this recipe.

Cheers!

Drinking this now, ripping drop. Light and easy to drink. Will have this on tap in time for the Perth summer for sure.

Tasted this against the real thing and I preferred this recipe.

Cheers!

I agree. Compared to Tony's, the original tastes thin, almost like water.

Yeah i visited the LC brewery, loved the place, the PA and the cider but was a bit disappointed with the bright...... i prefer the home brewed version too :)

Back