RecipeDB - centade?/cascenial?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theredone

Reaction score

centade?/cascenial?

Ale - American Pale Ale
Extract
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

-steeped grains in a 11.5ltr pot half full of 68 degree water, wrapped in towels for insulation, for an hour. -after the hour give grain bag a good ol squeeze, i then move it into a 5ltr pot under the tap and run about half a ltr of hot water through the grains and squeeze again, then combine both(more or less a little sparge) -now to get the propper hcf u should ad only 1kg of goo, but i just threw the whole 1.5kg tin in cause that was alot easier then weighing sticky liquid and i figured it was close enough. top up with hot water and bring to the boil -now continue with the hop schedule as above, while your waiting rehydrate your yeast in half a ltr of about 25-30degree water. and u can also start dumping the rest of the fementables into your fermenter. -when boil is done i try to chill it down as much as i can, combine everything and give it a nice big stir, and pitch at 22-25 -now this was the last brew i did before i got tempmate setup so fement temps would have been about an average of 18.
-BOTTLE WITH GREEN CAPS

EDIT: tins used were blackrock( seem slightly darker than coops), it was one packet of us-05, dunno exact weight, maybe 11? maybe 17? meh

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
0.25 kg Weyermann Carapils(Carafoam)
0.2 kg TF Crystal
3 kg Generic DME - Light
0.5 kg Generic DME - Light

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
20 g Centennial (Pellet, 10.0AA%, 60mins)
20 g Centennial (Pellet, 10.0AA%, 15mins)
20 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 5mins)

Yeast

17 g DCL Yeast US-05 - American Ale
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.063 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.016 (calc)
  • Bitterness 32.7 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 6.12%
  • Colour 20 EBC

Fermentation