RecipeDB - 10 Min IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you make a 10min IPA using the no chill method??

So far no issues with grassiness. THe last one was 7.4%, and i think the best one. I no chill as well, and don't adjust hop calcs, just a 10 min addition to the IBU i want. Works great.

You can make whatever you want using the no chill method. Adjust as you perceive to be necessary (or don't).

Just tasted the SG sample for my Motueka 10min IPA, been a week in the FV and has hit FG(1.010).

Very nice, passionfruit with a bit Nelson Sauvin like grape. Pretty hefty at 6.8%! I'll give it another week to clean up before CC and bottling. Pretty happy so far with this, my first AG and I've hit all the numbers!

Just tasted the SG sample for my Motueka 10min IPA, been a week in the FV and has hit FG(1.010).

Very nice, passionfruit with a bit Nelson Sauvin like grape. Pretty hefty at 6.8%! I'll give it another week to clean up before CC and bottling. Pretty happy so far with this, my first AG and I've hit all the numbers!

Mmmmmmmm, 10min Motueka...... :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Brewed this on Thursday night.

Only had 150 grams of Amarillo so also added some Centennial and Cascade to get my IBU's up to 65.

First time I used my recirculating mash system and my plate chiller, so Im looking forward to see how this turns out.

My wort was certainly a lot clearer than when I do standard BIAB.

congrats Truman on 1000 posts (in 8 months)
thats a better average than Bradman ^_^

Brewed this on Thursday night.

Only had 150 grams of Amarillo so also added some Centennial and Cascade to get my IBU's up to 65.

First time I used my recirculating mash system and my plate chiller, so Im looking forward to see how this turns out.

My wort was certainly a lot clearer than when I do standard BIAB.

Amarillo, Centennial and Cascade go great together! Adding some Simcoe into that is also a treat.

I'm sure you will enjoy it mate!

Nice one mate! Sound delicious :icon_cheers: :icon_drool2:

So which hop variety that is available from Yakima Valley Hops (Because im a tight-arse) would suit best for a 10 min IPA?

I already have in stock a pound of Cascade, Magnum, and half pounds of Galaxy, Willamette, EKG, & Challenger but willing to order more from Yakima if need be..

So which hop variety that is available from Yakima Valley Hops (Because im a tight-arse) would suit best for a 10 min IPA?

I already have in stock a pound of Cascade, Magnum, and half pounds of Galaxy, Willamette, EKG, & Challenger but willing to order more from Yakima if need be..

Great results have come from cascade, galaxy and mixtures thereof. I would be keen to do a challenger 10 min IPA since I've gone through some of the popular hops. You don't need to buy any more...but variety is the spice of life. 8 g/l of any fruity American, NZ or Aussie at 10 min seems to do the trick.

Cheers

Missed that bit. Still, I've found Willamette and Cascade are pretty good mates.

Excellent, thanks Phil. a 50/50 Cascade / Galaxy combo it shall be. :icon_cheers:

Great! you may need to tweek the ratio a little bit of the cascade and galaxy to try and balance out your bu:gu and still try and get close to the 8-10 g/l of hops.

Has anyone got the original recipe of this from the DB? I have brewed this before but for the liife of me cannot find the recipe anymore in my brewmate recipes folder.

Cheers

Pretty sure it was all amarillo (perhaps Nick can get you some?) and a fairly simple grainbill - single base malt and maybe 5% spec?

Long time ago and all that.

Back