Quick Disconnect CO2 Reg from Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkelbrau

Reaction score
Ive been looking at the stainless disconnects on some brewing websites, barb male, to barb female, and have noticed the PSI rating of 60, I think force carbing i get up to 40ish.. i can't recall without looking at my reg.. would these be suitable?

http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/brewery-plumbing/products/quick-connect-female

I was looking for something to remove my regulator (on the outside of the keezer) from the gas line for mobility so it doesnt get damaged in transit (moving house and various other times ive needed to move it.. like christmas)

I also have a gas line leak, and have a feeling that i need something more than just the PVC bunnos tube for gas.. Any thoughts on a replacement?

Its quite frustrating, as my 6.8kg bottle was half fullish, Im not sure if someone has knocked something or what has happened, but i want to replace all the tubing anyway and maybe do away with some of my secondary regs (i have 4) and just keep 2 for serving pressure and let the other two be able to force carb from the main reg pressure. I can drop it down once its carbed and all 4 are set to serve.

For gas line's i'd recommend you look at a 6x10mm HD line such as the ones made for the job at hand, no more gas line blow outs with the thick wall etc. You pay a few bob more for a gas line that lasts a lifetime. Valpar Line is an excellent example, but there are others.

The disconnect you've listed is a brewery fitting for transferring fluid.....or is the link to wrong part?

Martin

HBHB said:
For gas line's i'd recommend you look at a 6x10mm HD line such as the ones made for the job at hand, no more gas line blow outs with the thick wall etc. You pay a few bob more for a gas line that lasts a lifetime. Valpar Line is an excellent example, but there are others.

The disconnect you've listed is a brewery fitting for transferring fluid.....or is the link to wrong part?

Martin
Not necessarily looking at that particular part, but the same idea. I couldn't find anything mentioning gas on any HBS websites, so just posted the ibrew link (keg king sell the same ones by the look of it).

Cheers for the heads up on the line!

Why dont you use a John Guest push fitting which is designed for high pressure gas

Cheers

Back