Queensland Brewerhood Xmas In June 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm free for the case swap weekend now.....

Looking forward to attending my first one.

BTW - I bought some PET bottles today so I can be in the swap.... :super:

Just need to brew something now....I'll look at the list and decide..

PB :party:

Edit: Added myself to the Wiki - Dark beer of some description....

Lonte are you still planning a stout thingy?

I'm awaiting the results of the soon to be realised brewery modifications before I commit to participating in the actual case swap. I do, however, intend on being present for the aforementioned swap and general festivities.

Getting rid of the retreads for new dunlops mate?
:p

Just spent a whole 15 minutes stirring occasionally a pot on the stove for your enjoyment after the upcoming case swap.
Chucked into fermenter and will bottle in two weeks.
Will have to say it had the best banana smell out of any I've made so far.

I hope you think about the lengths I've gone too.
I had to open two cans for this one and mash up one extra banana.

The sacrifices we make in an effort to please others.

Cheers FROGMAN :D

I feel your pain Frogman, :(
I have had to sit here for most of the day drinking from 6 loaded beer taps while Mrs Sqyre has spent the last 4 hours having fun over a hot kettle brewing ... and i can tell ya.. i'm exhausted... :unsure:

Hmmmm.. all this typing has made me sleepy.
might have a kip..

Sqyre... ;)

I feel your pain Frogman, sad.gif
I have had to sit here for most of the day drinking from 6 loaded beer taps
(snip)

+1 I've be sitting at home listening to the rain and sampling from 5 taps, all in the interest of QA of course.

edit: sphellink baid (due to Drunken Weasel)

I've been working on the top-secret phase 1 of my brewery upgrade today. Results look very promising, and I will unveil it to the world soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Frankenstein

Ohhh, can't wait Bonj!

I'm currently in the planning stages of my swap brew, but it all hinges on time constraints as to whether I'll be participating. Unfortunately I had a bit of a mishap during my latest house move, and my home-made grain mill was the casualty. Need to devise another way of crushing, and hopefully I'll soon have some temp control to ferment in as well..... :)

Cheers!!

I've been working on the top-secret phase 1 of my brewery upgrade today. Results look very promising, and I will unveil it to the world soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Frankenstein

Photos please, Bonj.

:lol: Alright, but SWMBO won't he happy. :ph34r:

Oh!!! You mean the brewery.... right. Photos are what I'm waiting for.... Patience grasshopper, all will be revealed early this afternoon.

:lol: Alright, but SWMBO won't he happy. :ph34r:

Oh!!! You mean the brewery.... right. Photos are what I'm waiting for.... Patience grasshopper, all will be revealed early this afternoon.

Bonj, a FOI request seems to have uncovered your secret plans.
View attachment 18452
:D

Okay, the time has come.

After months of procrastination and confusion, I decided it was time to HTFU and just get it done, so I drew up some plans and bought the steel. After talking to Mobrien, he kindly offered to weld it up for me yesterday afternoon. I actually had a similar offer months ago from Browndog, which is much appreciated, but I was too slow and stupid, and with his new apprentice brewer, I decided to spare him the time and take Mobrien up on his offer. I know what little one's are like, and Browndog has already done so much to get my brewery going, so he deserved a break.

So, I spent yesterday afternoon grinding weld spots (which is quite a feat for a grinder virgin, and IT geek weakling wound into one), and mobrien spent the time joining all this steel together into the work of art you see below.

My next job is to brush all the welds and hit them with some cold galvanising primer, so the welds you see here are raw.

brewstand_photo.jpg

For comparison, this is what it did look like:
bonj_brewstand_img_2090.jpg

Looking good dude :super:

pfft stick with the tires.. thats a junk stand... i'll come pick it up and get rid of it for you :p

Bonj,

Looks spot on.

Can you give me a rough idea on what the steel cost you.

I'm in the process of having my brother-in-law build one of similar design but I have to obtain the steel first.

Thanks,

Chris

I can give you an exact idea. I bought 2x 8m lengths of 2mm thick, 50mm galvanised box-section from Hans steel here in Ipswich. I had them cut it up for me and the grand-total was $136.80 (including GST). The steel itself was quoted at $125 (including GST).

Bonj,

Well Done Old Son!

I know what it is like as my brewframe has been almost two years in progress & hopefully should be finished next month.

A very early pic of my nearly completed project.

It's different I know, but I have my reasons.

IMG_0372.JPG

TP :beer:

Back