Queensland Brewerhood Xmas In June 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could make it a theme?

Not that I'm part of this swap Troy, but the orignal idea of the case swap was to make the beer that you considered your best. It seems to have gone by the wayside and in saying that, I'm not for one second knocking anyones case swap beer, just that the original idea of it has been forgotten.

cheers

Browndog

I really enjoyed a brew i did a few weeks ago that used jw Pale and mix of Cascade, Amarillo and Simcoe.
I might brew up that one and bring it along or submit it as my swap beer. see how we go..

Because since i started AG i have only brewed to other peoples recipies and just recently begun my own experiments the "above" is MY best... :D
I guess the main idea is submit a beer that is tried and tested and you think it is a "good" beer..
Not an experiment you havent brewed before and if it turns out poo you dont have to drink it... :p

What if we started the consumption thread before the swap and post the recipie with your own stats and comments on previous batches of the same beer?
That would be interesting way to see the difference between the 2 batches of the same recipie and possibly highlight how your perseption of a beer differs to others...
Obviously some people like to make it a surprise... but we roughly know what your bringing and its your brewing style that makes Freds beer different to Barney's.

Food for thought...?
Sqyre.. ;)

Whos Fred & Barney ? , soooo many new brewers since my last excursion..
You know them, weird pair... barney wears a long brown shirt and Fred wears a spotted orange shirt with a blue tie... they brought the smoked Terradactyl to the swap last year...

(although i thought it was weird cause they dont seem to wear any pants... :huh: but hey... what happens at the Swap stays at the swap.. ;) )

Sqyre...

The night of the 5th of July is the Rugby test between the Wallabies and France, which I will be attending. If we stick with this date, I could possibly just come for the arvo and get warmed up for the match. Where abouts is the "Winkle factory"?

Cheers - SNow

The night of the 5th of July is the Rugby test between the Wallabies and France, which I will be attending. If we stick with this date, I could possibly just come for the arvo and get warmed up for the match. Where abouts is the "Winkle factory"?

Cheers - SNow

Everton Park - Just a stones throw from you isn't it Snow - Join the party again after the Rugby :icon_drunk:

cheers ross

Fair call BD, and I will certainly be attempting my best beer however i have also started doing single malt, almost single hop brews lately, so the idea intrigued me!

Then again it was awesome being part of the last swap and having so many different awesome beers!

Everton Park - Just a stones throw from you isn't it Snow - Join the party again after the Rugby :icon_drunk:

cheers ross
Geez it'd have to be a light stone to get it there from Kenmore :huh:

As I am still intending to come along as an attendee, anyone passing by Heritage Park (near Browns Plains) that is going to the meet need a travelling companion, share the fuel costs etc.

Also my original question still stands:-

What are attendees required to bring, provide ie. beer supplies, food, do the cooking, etc?

Cheers

Chris

Chris I should be able to give you a lift, I live pretty close at Boronia Heights. We can work it out closer to the date.

Cheers
Anthony

Chris I should be able to give you a lift, I live pretty close at Boronia Heights. We can work it out closer to the date.

Cheers
Anthony

Anthony,

That would be muchly appreciated.

As you said, we'll work something out closer to the date.

Chris

Not that I'm part of this swap Troy, but the orignal idea of the case swap was to make the beer that you considered your best. It seems to have gone by the wayside and in saying that, I'm not for one second knocking anyones case swap beer, just that the original idea of it has been forgotten.

cheers

Browndog

Good point Browndog, I might have to reconsider what my swap contribution is - now which of my best is best??? B)
The single malt/hop thing was just an idea for a keg contribution.

1) -Winkle - Klassic Septic Pils or UXB Belgian Ale
2) -AndrewQld - Pilsner
3) - FNQ Bunyip - TBA (What a popular style this is smile.gif )
4) - bconnery - Beer
5) - NickB - Something poisonous (but not explosive)
6) - kevnlis - whatever my fermentors decide is drinkable
7) - FROGMAN - Wild and Wacky Wheat Nana Beer. + keg for consumption.
8) - Nonicman - something
9) - Sqyre - same as the xmas swap...Pig on a spit?
10) - Troydo (carbonated urine)
11) - Lonte - some sort of Stout thingy
12) - Stillscottish - Malt, hops, water.
13) - InCider - All Grain Beer - TBA Flavour
14) - Fixa - TBA
15) - Snow - Something to knock ya socks off!

I've removed myself from the swap as it's quite possible I will not be able to attend.

Batz

I have just updated the wiki to include myself as an attendee.

Cheers

Chris

Back