Queensland Brewerhood Xmas In June 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10) - Sqyre - same as the xmas swap...Pig on a spit?

FYI... I am NOT driving in an un-airconditioned car with a pig for 3 hours!!!

Mrs Sqyre has agreed to stay home with the kids.. :p . . . . . :ph34r:

Sqyre... :unsure:

FYI... I am NOT driving in an un-airconditioned car with a pig for 3 hours!!!

Mrs Sqyre has agreed to stay home with the kids.. :p . . . . . :ph34r:

Sqyre... :unsure:

If Mrs Sqyre reads this, it'll be the last time you're 'makin' bacon' :eek:

After consuming our own body weight in beer the AHB grouping at Brewhouse beer tasting made an informed decision and moved the location of the swap from the Bat Cave to the Winkle factory. 5th July ok with everyone?

i just dont like the sound of "a winkle factory"

:p

After consuming our own body weight in beer the AHB grouping at Brewhouse beer tasting made an informed decision and moved the location of the swap from the Bat Cave to the Winkle factory. 5th July ok with everyone?

I was looking forward to visiting the Kinkin cousins... yeehaaa!! :icon_drunk:
But a short trip over the river to winkle town is equally entertaining.. :party:
5th of July is good for me...

BRING IT ON!!!!

Sqyre...

Sweet as. I bags to sleep next to the pond again. I'll bring a rod and some bait. :icon_cheers:

oh, there is no word how good these developments are for me... well, there, but the mods would get angry at me for saying them. but the swap being moved closer to my house is a plus, and the date is smack bang in the middle of my holidays.

or, put more concisely

+1

oh, there is no word how good these developments are for me... well, there, but the mods would get angry at me for saying them. but the swap being moved closer to my house is a plus, and the date is smack bang in the middle of my holidays.

or, put more concisely

+1

It'll be great to meet you Lobsta. You'll need an inflatable sheep though. Currently we only have two Baa Bras, and we are always looking for more. :p

When you get there, keep your eyes peeled for the homeless trying to nick you beers.

Cheers,

Sean.

PC010165.jpg

now i just gotta do 2 things, buy some PET bottles and manage to brew a drinkable brew. if its up to the standard of my first brew, i wont have to worry about that ^ particular homeless person nicking it. my first brew would, however, probably work as an effective Zizzle repellant, after he tasted it at the last Babbs meeting :p

I know its a long way away, but I've been thinking of doing a 1 hop/ 1malt beer (probably BB ale malt & POR) as a keg contribution. Anyone else interested doing one as a comparison?

Hmm.... nice idea.

I'll get on that..... with thinking.

5th of July is good for me.

Now too find some nice tree ripened bananas.

Bring it on.

FROGMAN.... :chug:

yeah im keen for that winkle, sort of like ducati stus idea was?

My Golden Strong will be along those lines, ie. Pilsner with Czech Saaz. There will be a sugar addition though, but pretty close to one malt, one hop :)

Cheers.

I know its a long way away, but I've been thinking of doing a 1 hop/ 1malt beer (probably BB ale malt & POR) as a keg contribution. Anyone else interested doing one as a comparison?

Funny you should mention it, i've been doing much of the same lately using 1 malt, some batches with a single hop and some with a mix... (Cant afford to use all saaz in the pilz. :rolleyes: )
I really enjoyed a brew i did a few weeks ago that used jw Pale and mix of Cascade, Amarillo and Simcoe.
I might brew up that one and bring it along or submit it as my swap beer. see how we go..
Got to remember that time of year Winter brews will be on the cards... :icon_cheers:

Sqyre...

yeah im keen for that winkle, sort of like ducati stus idea was?

I'd forgotten about ducatiboys idea, sorry mate - whats happening with that BTW?. Nah, just thought a single hop/malt beer would be interesting & if we had two we could try caramelising the malt in one ahla [post="0"]linky[/post]
My swap beer looks like being a 7% Belgian Pale Ale if the trial batch is drinkable.

Sorry I could not host it at the cave this time guys.
I will put on a beer drinking night at the cave early next year,I can rely on being at home during that time.

:icon_chickcheers:

Batz

Back