Queensland Brewerhood Xmas In June 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we meant to tell newbies about the initiation ceremony or not? ... the secret shake? (no not the hand shake)... ;)

Run! Run while you still can!

No need to be scared....you wont feel a thing

The next morning will be a bit different, just make sure you check your....... :unsure:

Batz, wantta add a poll going from Saturday , say 16 June to 16 July and get some numbers?

I too would like to come along to this (depending on the date), presently as an attendee as my beers are no where up to scratch.

What are the requirements of attendees ie, beer supplies, food, do the cooking, etc?

Cheers,

mossy

I too would like to come along to this (depending on the date), presently as an attendee as my beers are no where up to scratch.

What are the requirements of attendees ie, beer supplies, food, do the cooking, etc?

Cheers,

mossy

Hey Mossy,

All you'll have to do is watch this thread - subscribe. As the date draws closer all will start to pan out as to who brings what etc. It'll be good to see you there if the date suits.

There are pics of previous swaps if you need to see what you are getting yourself in for.... :D Just look in the AHB meetings area and look for anything Queensland.

Cheers,

InCider.

I would suggest Queens B'day weekend is not a good idea......

1) -Winkle - Klassic Septic Pils or UXB Belgian Ale
2) -AndrewQld - Pilsner
3) - FNQ Bunyip - TBA (What a popular style this is smile.gif )
4) - bconnery - Beer
5) - Batz - Beer of some description
6) - NickB - Something poisonous (but not explosive)
7) - kevnlis - whatever my fermentors decide is drinkable
8) - FROGMAN - Wild and Wacky Wheat Nana Beer. + keg for consumption.
9) - Nonicman - something
10) - Sqyre - same as the xmas swap...Pig on a spit?
11) - Troydo (carbonated urine)
12) - Lonte - some sort of Stout thingy
13) - Stillscottish - Malt, hops, water.
14) - InCider - All Grain Beer - TBA Flavour
15) - Fixa - TBA
16) - Snow - Something to knock ya socks off!

I would suggest Queens B'day weekend is not a good idea......

2) -AndrewQld - Pilsner
4) - bconnery - Beer
15) - Fixa - TBA

After spending a very enjoyable afternoon with the Bunyip and Thommo yesterday, Ned has offered to transport some beers down from the north for the swap. So if there is a spot available, I'll be in.

I'm thinking a Golden Strong. Won't be able to attend unfortunately, but will at least be able to get some beers in.

Cheers.

2) -AndrewQld - Pilsner
4) - bconnery - Beer
15) - Fixa - TBA
17) - Duff - Probably a Golden Strong

After spending a very enjoyable afternoon with the Bunyip and Thommo yesterday, Ned has offered to transport some beers down from the north for the swap. So if there is a spot available, I'll be in.

I'm thinking a Golden Strong. Won't be able to attend unfortunately, but will at least be able to get some beers in.

Cheers.

Great stuff Duff!

Look forward to swapping beers with you. :D

InCider.

my status has been upgraded from wanting-to-come-along-as-a-possible-attendee to a wants-to-come-along-as-a-swapper. after tasting my most recent batch from the hydrometer and wanting to drink some more from the fermenter tap, i realised that i might make muster after all.

there is still the problem of transport however. any brewers that are going think that carindale could be added to their intended route to the bat cave (or wherever it ends up being held). at a stretch, i could bus to / get dropped at wherever you need me to be (for a short distance), but jumping onto a bus with 60+ bottles of beer, not to mention them possibly exploding (scenes of the london terrorist attacks spring to mind), could draw some looks.

cheers

Lobby

Don't sweat it Lobsta, I'm sure someone will be coming past. The swaps generally are limited to around 25 swappers, and we have standardised on PET plastic beer bottles for swaps to minimise the possibility of bottle bombs and to aid in their transport. So at worst you'll only need to lug around 25 PET bottles on a bus if you need to do that.

Don't sweat it Lobsta, I'm sure someone will be coming past. The swaps generally are limited to around 25 swappers, and we have standardised on PET plastic beer bottles for swaps to minimise the possibility of bottle bombs and to aid in their transport. So at worst you'll only need to lug around 25 PET bottles on a bus if you need to do that.
but that means i will have to buy pet bottles... to quote myself in one of my other posts "i will drink beer warm from the fermenter before i drink it from a plastic bottle". i may have to go back from my word...

Lobby

the coopers PET bottles are specially lined and designed for beer, they work quite well. That said i only use em for swap beer

has anything more been confirmed about this? date, location, pig, etc?

It's a bit difficult for me to set a date because I have no idea at this stage when I will be working.
That said and done winkle has offered to have the swap at his place if I can not host it.

I know this is a pain in the bum but I am afraid work between March and November is like that for me.
Lets talk about it this weekend over a few beers and see what we can come up with :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

Great to see another case swap happening in QLD.
We now have a Case Swap section in the WIKI, to make the organisation of these much easier.
Please create a QLD July '08 Case Swap article in the WIKI.

Beers,
Doc

Top stuff doc!! :D

Last years xmas swap we used the first post as the main reference list that i would keep updated by editing which worked quite well.
When i found out about the change to the post editing (30minute window is it?) that was the first thing i thought of.
But chucking it the Wiki.. Beautiful!!!! :super:

Sqyre.. ;)

Latest posts

Back