Queensland Brewerhood Xmas In June 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorta what I'm planning Pete, except with a elevated section in the middle for a gravity feed HLT.

Now back on topic, my beer for the swap will be Mahaffey's Irish Red.
I think NickB liked it the other day (if he remembers) B)

Well I'll put my hand up to come along, no beer for swapping as yet, but Perry got up me yesterday and told me not to be an idiot and just come along for the fun, so I will :)

Well I'll put my hand up to come along, no beer for swapping as yet, but Perry got up me yesterday and told me not to be an idiot and just come along for the fun, so I will :)

Good to have you on board mate :)
Did we break the world record for a tower of pot glasses yesterday?

photos or it didn't happen :p

Bottle my case swap

"Wild and Wacky Nana Wheat Beer"

Yesterday. Smells Great.

God I hate bottling.

Now have to figure out what to make to bring along.

Cheers FROGMAN.....

My beer for the swap will be Mahaffey's Irish Red.
I think NickB liked it the other day (if he remembers) B)

Of course I don't bloody remember. What sort of piss-up would it be if I did!

I'm still not sure what I'm brewing for the swap..... Is that grain mill of yours up and running yet Perry....? Might need to borrow it's rollers for a couple of batches worth of gain sometime soon.... :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make this,at this stage there is no work around the 5th :)
Unfortunately power stations seem to breakdown this time of the year,I will not be in the swap either way but may join you all for a couple of cold ones :party:

Batz

Happy to have a beer with you anytime Batz.

Nick, I reckon the first run through of the mill will be this coming weekend - I got totally polluted on Friday and spent all Saturday & Sunday recoving <_< Just have to get to Ross's and pick up some grain, first batch will be the Irish Red :)

Perhaps a bit far away Nick,but my mill and cave are open

Batz

Thanks Batz, might take you up on that offer! Unfortunately my rapidly diminishing lack of time for brewing is being taken up by working on my 'weekends off' again. Bastards! Gonna have to get a triple brew-day in methinks....!

Perry, good luck with the virgin crush (hang on, that sounds so wrong, but in a very right way... lol)!

Batz i see the metropolis of kin kin was on the TV today, great south east or some show.. showed the pub with horses out the front.... :blink:

Mashing in my Mahaffeys Eyreish Red as I type (fully expecting a stuck sparge by the look of the crush - must adjust the mill :( ), provided all goes well it'll be my case contribution :) I'd better address the bottle situation as well.

Thinking about trying to make it along to this one... if so I will bring a keg of something .... maybe Imperial Stout, does it matter if its not homebrew? If it does I will try to fire up the little system before then.

Thinking about trying to make it along to this one... if so I will bring a keg of something .... maybe Imperial Stout, does it matter if its not homebrew? If it does I will try to fire up the little system before then.

Rock on! Looking forward to catching up again! :D

I'll be able to drink more than a thimbleful this time too :p

Batz i see the metropolis of kin kin was on the TV today, great south east or some show.. showed the pub with horses out the front.... :blink:

That pissed off we local folk,they didn't show the horseless carriage that passed that afternoon,made us look backward :lol:

Kin Kin does have a hitching rail at the pub and horses are often tied up there,we are on the Noosa trail ride,riders can stay the night at the pub,stables are provided out the back.

Batz

We'll accept almost anything B) Be good to have you on board mate.
(fully expecting a stuck sparge by the look of the crush - must adjust the mill sad.gif )
Shows what I know, went through perfectly - smells great.

Back