Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the labels in the last swap were taped on rather than glued.

I probably just sooked coz I had a bunch of other labels to get rid of :p LOL at Brads response haha

Ooh, I'll be keen to get involved in the swap this time, but I'll be at the cricket at the gabba on the 6th December.

bradsbrew said:
No. I would prefer to see a best label comp for the day. The winner doesn't get an atomic wedgie and last place getter has to give give themselves an atomic wedgie whilst dancing to wombil playing river dance on his flute.
Or maybe they could do some silent dancing to my silent bagpipe playing?
Or they could make bagpipe noises whilst I play silently?

Of course while giving themselves an atomic wedgie!!!!

::Scottish-Fail:: My great grand-father would have probably cursed me for being a Campbell and chopped my head off.

Bugger it, count me in. If I can't make it on the day, I'll work something out to drop off and pick up the swap beers :)

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY

1. Earle - beer also, hoping to attend this one
2. Beersuit - something funky.
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - beer
5. hwall95 - some sort of beer
6. Tazman1967 - Farmhouse Ale or Brett Saison
7. Parks - A few months to nail a pilsner/lager???
8. madpierre06 - something grain based
9. Seehuusen - probably an IPA
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm (I'll leave it to people to guess the style)
12. Ciderman - black IPA maybe or whatever I brew next
13. Snow - Something beery.
14. Manson81 - Irish Red Ale (labelled McAdams Brewery)
18.benken25. some sort of crazy lager I reckon
19. Donske (unsure whether attending, hopefully though as it's crawling distance from my own bed, no sleeping in the car this time around)

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian

Well, seeing Snow stole my #13.... I'm in!

My vote is the easy option re: food - Bring $$$ for pizza and BYO snackage

4. Bradsbrew - beer
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
19. Donske (unsure whether attending, hopefully though as it's crawling distance from my own bed, no sleeping in the car this time around)

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian

Maybe I can make it.
Am practicing the river dance.

yay, Nick is in!

Still have to tell you that crazy story from my visit to the bowls club toilet at Perry's... seeing you introduced me to it but disappeared before I reappeared.

I was in the bowls club dunny a few years back Flo.

Is Nickster's siggy still on the side of the bowl (the one in the dunny I mean). :p

Good to see you sign up Nick. :super:

Thanks gents. Well, not sure I want to know, Florian.....

And I only saw this thread a few days back - been a bit sidetracked with work and my last bit of TAFE... Capstone done now just waiting until end of Jan....

And don't worry pete, I'm sure I can 'tag' you with a nice permanent marker whilst you snore away this year.... ;)

4. Bradsbrew - beer
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
17.Robv - beer

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian

4. Bradsbrew - beer
17.Robv - beer

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
hwall95

Hey guys, my mates I brew with have been slack and left there Christmas brewing (Our little internal competition) to the next 2 months (Fridge only fits one fermenter) so unfortunately I doubt I will be able to brew the IPA i wanted too so I've decided to pull out :( Hopefully will be able to make it to the night, and bring some beer that I have laying around along.

Where-abouts are you located hwal? I'm sure someone can free up some fridge space over the next 2 months for a couple of weeks to run your ferment

Not me in the next few weeks though. I am dangerously close to emptying my last keg in the fridge and have brew currently fermenting and a cube going straight in for ferment once current one is kegged.

angus_grant said:
Where-abouts are you located hwal? I'm sure someone can free up some fridge space over the next 2 months for a couple of weeks to run your ferment

Not me in the next few weeks though. I am dangerously close to emptying my last keg in the fridge and have brew currently fermenting and a cube going straight in for ferment once current one is kegged.
I'm around indooroopilly/toowong area but happy drive a bit assuming my beer doesn't mind. I wouldn't be able to brew until around 27-28th of September due to uni work. If anyone could that would be awesome, if not, then that's totally fine. Cheers, Harry

hwall95 said:
I'm around indooroopilly/toowong area but happy drive a bit assuming my beer doesn't mind. I wouldn't be able to brew until around 27-28th of September due to uni work. If anyone could that would be awesome, if not, then that's totally fine. Cheers, Harry
If you're keen to jump in the swap and can handle the logistics of it I could make room in the fridge for a couple of weeks. I'm in Bray Park so it is a bit of a hike for you.

I've got full cubes, full fermenters and full kegs at the moment, hit a bottle neck at the consumption stage of brewing recently.

Send me a PM if you want the fridge space mate.

4. Bradsbrew - beer
5. lukiferj
17.Robv - beer

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
hwall95

Thanks Donske, I'm not sure if ill get time to brew as well travel as I'm pretty stretched for time for the next two months. But I do appreciate the offer, if I suddenly change my mind I'll send you a PM but it's unlikely due to the new idea of a saison.

Liam_snorkel said:
or brew a saison and rock it at ambient!
I was actually thinking of brewing a saison for a house beer as I've never tried the style. So if it turns out nice in the fermentor and there's still room in the Xmas swap ill join back on. Saison should at least make a good summer beer.

Saisons ferment out pretty quickly so you could knock it off in 2 weeks and you can do them ambient. I've yet to do an ambient ferment as we are only just coming out of winter. But looking forward to doing a few of my "saazon"s (saaz hopped saison) as well as another saison I have in planning.

Belle Saison hangs around in suspension for ages. I noticed in my latest keg of saazon which has to be around 2 months in the keg I was still getting yeast settling out in the bottom of my glass. :blink:

I don't think anyone did a saison in the last swap. You're locked in now Harry!!! :super:

Back