Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_8852-3.jpg

DSC_8863.jpg

DSC_8900.jpg

DSC_8914.jpg

Excuse the image spam, it had to be done to make this thread even better than it already was.

Awesome pics there Nev, makes the NSW boys look like they were having high tea!

cheers

Browndog

Big thanks to Bruce and Ren they put a lot of effort into ensuring we have a great night, and thanks to Browndog Tony who makes the mash paddle each year to present to the XMAS Swap Hosts, as usual made with quite a deal of skill and pride, just like his beers. Thanks to Jimmyjack for providing the glasses as gifts, not a one was broken, must be a record.

Our Hosts + .75 DSCF7272__Small_.JPG
Nick - EARLY DSCF7246__Small_.JPG
"The Brains Trust"Troy, Jye and The Wizard Aka bconnery DSCF7239__Small_.JPG
The Medusa DSCF7360__Small_.JPG
DSCF7304__Small_.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7235.JPG
    DSCF7235.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF7272__Small_.JPG
    DSCF7272__Small_.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 9
Great pics Nev, alot of them look worthy of keeping and printing for the bar.

Beer... fckin yeah :D
DSC_8697.jpg

Awesome Photos Nevermore!!!
The way you edit the color/contrast /whatever... makes the pics look like they belong in a magazine..
DSC_8656.jpgDSC_8670_2.jpg
DSC_8681.jpgDSC_8703.jpg
Possibly "ManLove Monthly" with these ones..
Kawwwww... Almost makes a fella turn...
I was never confused... :blink:

Sqyre...

Hey Nev,

You must have a few hundred pics, is there any chance of zipping them and chucking them a file sharer?

Hey Nev,

You must have a few hundred pics, is there any chance of zipping them and chucking them a file sharer?

Ill be doing that after work some time yeah.

The rest of the pics are just random groups of people at various levels of intoxication but they arent terribly interesting

Awesome pics!!!! so say I. My hand is up for copies please

The rest of the pics are just random groups of people at various levels of intoxication but they arent terribly interesting

So say you Ross.... It was great meeting you, but as you're soon to to turn 20 - you possibly are yet to realize that this photographic evidence of "people at various levels of intoxication" you call not "terribly interesting" is ANYTHING but that.

Wives, girlfriends, mistresses and even goats and their divorce/property settlement lawyers might perform unimaginable acts of kindness on you for this sort of "not terribly interesting" material.

InCider I think you're done & dusted mate!!!!

What a great night. Mr and Mrs Sqyre you have outdone yourselves again with your unbelievable hospitality. I can't wait to see what the next addition to the house/shed/brewery/bar/pig cooking oven is for next year :D A huge thankyou and well done :beer: Also thanks to everyone who contributed with great beer, food, glasses,entertainment and the logistical organising of the case swap. It was great to meet up the new guys and all the familiar old faces and drink far too many beers and eat way too much roasted pig. Bring on the next swap :party:

So, I've just surfaced from a 5 hour powernap.

For the record: Zizzle did not utter a single word on the trip home except to ask (very nicely yet so quietly: like a church mouse), could we turn left to take the Nerang/freeway route rather than turn right to take the quicker, picturesque but winding, curvey, & lurching way home. (Oh and there was a muttering about not feeling well to justify his request)

I coulda sworn he was quite lively and jovial last night.

All right, If I'm going to join this Brew Brah Hood - I need to buy a camera, but here are a couple of pics that partly tell the story.

01122007043.jpg

Award for the most "pissed looking" without really being pissed - Well done Campbell - looks like this was taken before you'd had single drink.

I guess if I'm going be invited to join this Beer Brah Hood I'll need to buy a camera too.

But for posterity I'll post these any way

01122007043.jpg

The award for "most pissed looking" without being really pissed. (errr-argghh-Bulls**t). Wish you could see his face in this photo and I bet Campbell would claim it is because he has just finished playing them pipes.

01122007053.jpg

Me thinks... Some energy between WylderYeast & Sqyre on the quiet / away from the maddening crowd.

01122007054.jpg

The frogman is a green - or is the Greenman a frog?

01122007055.jpg

No Comment! Except that the frog looks wired too (is it a ManFrog?)

01122007056.jpg

So - he makes good beer, (Well shit hot beer really) but does he really have to gloat about?

01122007057.jpg

Although this suggests Ross knows something and he's keeping it to close to his chest. (Shit hot beer too - Ross)

01122007059.jpg

Very poor photo - but evidence that Sqyre didn't really do that much - he's just excellent at organising others to slave their butts off before they are allowed to pop the first one.

01122007062.jpg

Just a couple of Rabble Rousers

01122007066.jpg

Apparently Jye has been married since the previous swap and was on a promise to his wife if he behaved

01122007068.jpg

Probably can't see this one either but this is Troy buying votes for his label award

01122007047.jpg

And for the record... NicB was there and oh.. that could be the yak Sqyre was talking about on his deck.

And for the before and after photos of the night........................

Ladies and gentlemen (none of whom were present last night)

01122007049.jpg

Sparks flying for Sqyre

and....

01122007061.jpg

Done & dusted

The award for "most pissed looking" without being really pissed. (errr-argghh-Bulls**t). Wish you could see his face in this photo and I bet Campbell would claim it is because he has just finished playing them pipes.

Too flamin' right mate.
If I was really pissed you would know about it!!!

The performance was definitely beer-assisted though.
The spirit was willing but the flesh was starting to fail.

It was good to see all you guys again and some new faces.
Thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for the day and.........
......bring on the next one.

Campbell
-almost feeling himself now. <_<

Hey you guys,

StillScottish always looks like he's pissed but its sleep deprivation - due to shiftwork!!!

When he does get pissed he usually looks for cold tiles behind a door, which he rests his feet on - then no access is availabe to the loo!!!

This is OK for you lads who can find a convenient pee tree!!! but not for the gals - we have yet to master the stand up skill - but maybe one day!!!

Thanks to all you lot for an entertaining evening.

Thanks also to 'the Sqyre family' for all their hard work.

Mrs StillScottish

Hey, InCider and I want the barnyard roped off next year for privacy :ph34r:

What can I say, the chicks love me...ahem...

Thanks to Sqyre and family for the hospitality, even if I only took advantage of it for a short time. Bigups to Screwtop for the lift, and JimmyJack for the JS Glasses!

And for the record, I will eat more than just breakfast before next year's swap. Will not let the team down again!

Cheers!

Now i'm feeling a little better...
Renae and myself would like to thank everyone for an awesome evening of Beer and comradery.
We both had a ball and i'm sorry i couldnt have stayed up later to party hard with everyone in the wee hours of the morning..
I also need to apologise to the guys in the swap, i let the team down by not having my Beer ready..and i am sorry. :(
We hope everyone had a good time.
Its the fun and mateship we have at these do's that make all the running around cooking pigs etc.well worth it.. :party:
A BIG extra thanks to all the guys that brought Food, Equipment, etc. to help out with making the day a success..
So thanks again from the Sqyres.. and heres looking forward to the 2008 Xmas case swap... :super:

Wull noo Mrs StillScottish. DSCF7377__Small_.JPG I see you gals were enjoying the alcohol fuelled festivities also.

There was a fair bit of dancing going on: Anna_Small_.JPG and:Dance_1__Small_.JPG
Nice moves Snow: NiceMoves__Small_.JPG

But what the f.. was this:HillBillyDance__Small_.JPG
Almost wore out their air guitars: DSCF7321__Small_.JPG And singing behind the bar:DSCF7288__Small_.JPG

Damn Straight:DSCF7364__Small_.JPG
How does he do it, BP must have been sky high: DSCF7385__Small_.JPG

Shite! took 150 photos, no wonder the camera was so heavy!

Will put em on disk and mail them to you Sqyre, same as last year

along with your Picnic Tap
oops-0030.gif

Back