Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else get as savaged by Mozzies as I did? Man, I think I've got maybe 200 bites (no F&^$ing joke). Sitting here, itching to buggery, trying not to scratch....

Little bastards! Oh well, serves me right for crashing so early, and forgetting the bloody Aerogard!

Yeah, I was getting bitten and ended up coccooning myself in my swag, all weel and good till the sun came up and cooked me. When I got up I looked at all you buggers still asleep and wondered why you were not getting bitten.

cheers

Browndog

Hey Browndog, any chance of getting your recipe/method for the Beef Jerky you made on the day? I thought it was bloody good.

Cheers
Mothballs

Yeah, I was getting bitten and ended up coccooning myself in my swag, all weel and good till the sun came up and cooked me. When I got up I looked at all you buggers still asleep and wondered why you were not getting bitten.

cheers

Browndog
I covered myself in a blanket of methane ;) That kept the buggers at bay! :p

Cheers - Snow

ps - I did not have sexual relations with that sheep.

Wow! What a night!

Sqyre Inc have outdone themselves again, and I feel truly indebted to them for their hospitality. You all ROCK!

After I got home yesterday I had a tactical man-kip for an hour but must have woken up with GIVE ME BEER on my forehead. I went for a bike ride and was offered beer. I went to the local pizza and was offered home made mead and beer. Dont worry, I never say no.

Screwtop thanks a bunch for the good laughs in the truck on the way down and to NickB & Ducatiboy Stu. Good blokes to get lost in a bottle shop with!

Andy Steelebreeze Mate, did we have some fun or what? Great to meet you brother, well get into some more trouble together I can feel it.

Snow glad you didnt put any prawns in out pockets this year and what a great tash youre sporting. Youd make Chopper proud.

Mothballs we should make Khe Sahn our official Brewerhood Anthem and you can be the Official Lyrics Leader from here on in.

Zizzle, I took great pleasure in your hangover this year, as surely as you did mine at Winkles. Thanksfor the laughs, air guitar and temporary wig.

Ross, I am convinced you were born in that shirt, and if you ever wear anything else, I wont recognize you!

Jye, you are the only Smith I know who sleeps. But you wake up as the camera is hovering and make obscene gestures legend!

Browndog. Nuff said. Always great to see you. Actually, we saw more of you this year than last when the Commodore Hotel was calling

Bonj, get to a TV Border Patrol is on!

Frogman glad we had frog-action again. Why do they always piss on me? Great Cider and keep in the Kits.

Brown and white speckled chicken: Can you pick NickBs bum from the line up?

Pat hows this for a post? Great to chat mate I was a bit Mohammed so Ill apologize if I was distracted.

Neville: your last name is now Scoville. Neville Scoville.

Campell & Mrs Campell and Jnr Campbell. What a family. You guys are a hoot! Jnr, thanks for fixing my camera it rocks now! Campbell Danny Boy from the top and thanks for the pipes! Mrs C you go hard and keep the others in line hope to see you again.

Beige Goat youll be wearing a steel pole Zizzle style at the next swap. And roasting until tender

Troydo work on those Abs!

Winkle great to see you again as always. Loved the firemans lift to the tent, and Annas late night additions to the tent after I assured her it wouldnt rain

And to Bart, Mothballs and anyone else I forgot, thanks for the great time you gave us all by being there.

InCider.

Awesome Photos Nevermore!!!
The way you edit the color/contrast /whatever... makes the pics look like they belong in a magazine..
View attachment 16332View attachment 16333
View attachment 16334View attachment 16335
Possibly "ManLove Monthly" with these ones..
Kawwwww... Almost makes a fella turn...
I was never confused... :blink:

Sqyre...

Speaking of ManLove..
DSC_8862.jpg

He must've performed well since you were kind enough to make breakfast in the morning
DSC_8910.jpg

I had planned to get a nice B&W portrait of everyone in attendance but some were a bit nutty
DSC_8805.jpg

Confused..
DSC_8756.jpg

Attacking me..
DSC_8679.jpg

Or I was too pissed to work the camera and forgot about things being in the way..
DSC_8840.jpg

and for some reason this bogan is featured in almost every single photo staring right into the lense :p
DSC_8717.jpg

Ah well it was a fun night, hopefully next time one of these comes around I will have my own brew in the swap :eek:

Waiting for the Rellenos to pass...

PC010198.jpg

After the 'job' was completed...

PC010200.jpg

My brother, Andy

PC010184-1.jpg

Mr Snow and I with a mirror...

PC010166-1.jpg

Wrenny

PC010153-1.jpg

Junior Wrenny getting some "Man Love"!

PC010232.jpg

A Kit and Kilo brewer happy his beer is as good as the All Grainers...

PC010267.jpg

and for some reason this bogan is featured in almost every single photo staring right into the lense :p

You'll learn to avoid him! I did a very bad drunken panorama at Batz's place and he was in every part of the picture!

Thanks for the post InCider... gave me a good laugh! I'm glad you made that patrol detour before heading north again :p

I see a trend... Im unsure if I like it yet <_< :lol:

PC010198.jpg

Beerpic2.jpg

ROFL!

What great pics and write-ups :super: Top one Seany Old Boy!

Glad you pointed out Snow's moustache Sean as I kept asking myself, "Is that Snow?"

It's obvious that the old swaps are just getting better though I'm not quite sure how that is possible.

Great to hear old Browndog is still doing the mash paddle and not so much of the Commodore Crash and that Ross hasn't changed his shirt. We need some stability!

I'm kegging at the moment otherwise I'd, of course, write a lot more about the faces I recognise :blink: Great to see a heap of new faces there as well.

Sorry about the short phone call. I did intend to call back but the wedding I was at turned into a 13 hour drinking comp between myself and the bride's daughter. I offered to sleep with her if she won and I thought she had agreed to the same deal. Obviously and unfortunately (for her ;)) it must have been a draw???

Anyway I had three minutes of phone sex with Mrs Sqyre and that was really good. (Much obliged darlin'! Next time though can you go around the back or something instead of standing next to all the brewers? I'm not complaining or anything but one person's heavy breathing is a little more exciting than 28 for some reason I haven't yet worked out???)

Also had an hour and a half on the phone with Mr Sqyre the night before the swap but the 3 minutes with his Mrs was a lot more fun. (Sorry I missed our date on Swap night Brucey but someone's Nature's Credit Card was calling. Next time mate!)

A real pleasure to see and read all the above.

Good on ya all and good on the Sqyres :beer:
Pat

Maybe the the one I had wasn't full strength?

Nah Zizzle - you're just hard. Shot in the back, body slammed, sodomised and burnt by chillies. I hope you ring is better after the chillies. :lol:

So when is Nevermore gunna post some more of those wicked pics??

Hope thats not why hes called Nevermore... :blink: :unsure:

Sqyre....

Sqyre....

I Vote that he becomes Official Photographer!

+1 for me

Sqyre....

Well I had a spare 10 mins (LOL my life isn't busy..) to get these together..

Sorry about the editing, I seem to prefer either black and white or extreme saturation

DSC_8642.jpg

DSC_8644.jpg

DSC_8645.jpg

DSC_8652.jpg

DSC_8678.jpg

DSC_8684.jpg

DSC_8688.jpg

DSC_8691.jpg

Or just go to http://www.picturemore.net/ahb/xmas07/ to quick preview more and Right Click -> Save As.. for a .rar of all my pics

I Vote that he becomes Official Photographer!

+1 for me

Pay me with cold beer on site and its a deal. :lol:

Hey Nevermore,

A rar archive might be a bit geeky for the majority of these blokes. If they're jpegs already, you probably won't get much of a compression advantage over using a zipfile, which most of these guys will be able to use.

Love the monochrome, but then I'm a monochrome whore.

Just one more tip, then I'll shutup. I know it's hard when you're drinking, and you probably already know, but some of these shots have the focus in less than ideal stops* spots. An example is the StillScottish photo above. Focus seems to have locked onto his sleeve, where ideally you'd want focus on your subject's eyes.

Anyway, top work. I love them. You'll need to give me a quick tute on lightroom. Looks like you can do things alot quicker with it over photoshop/gimp.

*edit

just found a video next time he has a cold... a MAN COLD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nevermore,

A rar archive might be a bit geeky for the majority of these blokes. If they're jpegs already, you probably won't get much of a compression advantage over using a zipfile, which most of these guys will be able to use.

Love the monochrome, but then I'm a monochrome whore.

Just one more tip, then I'll shutup. I know it's hard when you're drinking, and you probably already know, but some of these shots have the focus in less than ideal stops* spots. An example is the StillScottish photo above. Focus seems to have locked onto his sleeve, where ideally you'd want focus on your subject's eyes.

Anyway, top work. I love them. You'll need to give me a quick tute on lightroom. Looks like you can do things alot quicker with it over photoshop/gimp.

*edit

Its a bit hard to focus a 50mm 1.8 with a beer in one hand, camera in the other :p

.zip is now uploading so give it 10 mins and it will be there..

http://www.picturemore.net/ahb/xmas07/AHBQLDXMAS07.zip

Latest posts

Back