Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was chatting to Mr Sqyre last night and we were talking about the swap.

I told Brucey I'd travel the continent as long as I was guaranteed some sort of sexual release that didn't involve a goat, a pig, a PET bottle or InCider's sister (only because that is always a false promise.)

Before Brucey could answer, Mrs Sqyre said, "Yeah, I'll do it but I will be really fat thanks to Pat getting me up the duff while you guys were at the last Swap."

No offence Mrs Sqyre and many thanks for your consideration but I'd hate to see the pig (I prefer lamb) getting neglected for what would be at least six hours on the Swap night. You understand. Mind you, I suppose I could come early (Shit! Can't find the emoticons!)

Haven't any of you brewers got sisters or sisters-in-law?

(Great to see the post count already approaching 300)
Pat

I know...i know... its a huge painfull sacrafice to make... and a lot of people may find it disgusting...
But if we can all just grit our teeth and put up with Pat for the night i can get Mrs Sqyre out of my hair for 10 minutes.. :p
(if he can last that long...)

Welcome Back Pat... :icon_chickcheers:
Sqyre... ;)

Sorry I don't understand "Lukim"

I'm going to hazard a guess here, as I'm slowly deciphering this pidgin (hint to those that have no idea: read it phonetically). I'm guessing a direct literal translation to be "Look him" as in "Look at this die-hard cordial mixer doing his 1st AG!"

Was I close Sean?

Was chatting to Mr Sqyre last night and we were talking about the swap.

I told Brucey I'd travel the continent as long as I was guaranteed some sort of sexual release that didn't involve a goat, a pig, a PET bottle or InCider's sister (only because that is always a false promise.)

Before Brucey could answer, Mrs Sqyre said, "Yeah, I'll do it but I will be really fat thanks to Pat getting me up the duff while you guys were at the last Swap."

No offence Mrs Sqyre and many thanks for your consideration but I'd hate to see the pig (I prefer lamb) getting neglected for what would be at least six hours on the Swap night. You understand. Mind you, I suppose I could come early (Shit! Can't find the emoticons!)

Haven't any of you brewers got sisters or sisters-in-law?

(Great to see the post count already approaching 300)
Pat

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm going to hazard a guess here, as I'm slowly deciphering this pidgin (hint to those that have no idea: read it phonetically). I'm guessing a direct literal translation to be "Look him" as in "Look at this die-hard cordial mixer doing his 1st AG!"

Was I close Sean?

Sure were Bonj!

Lukim yu bihain = lookout behind yourself

Watch your back, but more like: look after yourself!

Ciao Brewa,

InCider. :)

When you say "case swap" do we bring 26 of the Coopers PET bottles full of our designated brew and then swap 1 bottle with each person so that everyone ends up with 1 bottle from each person on that list?

Hi all, enjoying the humour of all the posts in here, but I've been counting on my fingers: both forward and backwards and sure I have been known to have been called pedantic occasionally, But I've gotta ask the question: If there are 26 in the swap and we swap 1 bottle with each of the others in the swap - who gets the 26th bottle? - just thought I'd put it out there!!

I haven't started reading any of the other forums yet on peoples' beer making questions and input - but I already know from what I have read in this one that I won't be bringing any of my own brews with me to this swap - phew I think I might even toss out some of the brews I've made... some of the brews you guys talk about sound pretty amazing.

I'm ok with this as I know we have got to start somewhere and improvement is the aim - I'm sure looking forward to bringing something with me to the following swap. So that's why there is a blank against my name (in the attendees list) for the Xmas swap. Looking forward to it though.

Anyone got an answer to my question yet? :icon_drunk: :ph34r: :party: :beerbang:

Hi all, enjoying the humour of all the posts in here, but I've been counting on my fingers: both forward and backwards and sure I have been known to have been called pedantic occasionally, But I've gotta ask the question: If there are 26 in the swap and we swap 1 bottle with each of the others in the swap - who gets the 26th bottle? - just thought I'd put it out there!!

I haven't started reading any of the other forums yet on peoples' beer making questions and input - but I already know from what I have read in this one that I won't be bringing any of my own brews with me to this swap - phew I think I might even toss out some of the brews I've made... some of the brews you guys talk about sound pretty amazing.

I'm ok with this as I know we have got to start somewhere and improvement is the aim - I'm sure looking forward to bringing something with me to the following swap. So that's why there is a blank against my name (in the attendees list) for the Xmas swap. Looking forward to it though.

Anyone got an answer to my question yet? :icon_drunk: :ph34r: :party: :beerbang:

You get a bottle of your own brew back SB, it makes dividing the bottles up so much easier!

cheers

Browndog

Sure were Bonj!

Lukim yu bihain = lookout behind yourself

Watch your back, but more like: look after yourself!

Ciao Brewa,

InCider. :)

Pretty close, how do you explain in simple language "see you later" if it's later how can you see him unless he is with you, but "see you later" is a parting sentence. So if you walk away from him you can look back and see him. "Lookim you behain" make sense now?

harry ba derky

Screwy

Pretty close, how do you explain in simple language "see you later" if it's later how can you see him unless he is with you, but "see you later" is a parting sentence. So if you walk away from him you can look back and see him. "Lookim you behain" make sense now?

harry ba derky

Screwy

hehehe...

it could also be like dropping soap in the shower too! :lol:

Screwy, we'll get in trouble again if we keep this up! :p

hehehe...

it could also be like dropping soap in the shower too! :lol:

Screwy, we'll get in trouble again if we keep this up! :p

Sikibugga, dok bilong dispela, you funny tumas. NOW NO MORE!

No more, tru.

No noise from Brucearella for a few days... hope everything is ok... maybe he is just busy setting up for the big event?

Or maybe he has gone for a quick trip to WA to sort out the cuckolding? ;)

I'm still floating around...pop in now and then..
Very busy trying getting the deck done, although the weather doesn't seem to be on my side..
Been a crappy week, Renae lost her Grandfather on Tuesday.
Then we got struck by lightning the very next morning which caused no end of kaos.. blowing up our 2 TV's and our brand new Computer..
We originally thought it struck the shed but the gum tree near it coped the brunt, stripping all the bark off it and blowing the roots out of the ground...Also put a dozen cracks down it, probably fall on my car next storm.. :rolleyes:
Was a pretty good strike as it managed to knock a cow over 100 meters away... i found it 4 hours later and i thought the ******* was dead but it was stuck upside down on the hill and couldnt get up..

Hopefully next week will be a bit better.. :huh:
Perhaps i just need to H.T.F.U....
Sqyre...

P.S. This Saturday is ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT TO THE SWAP!!!!

Sorry to hear you and MrsSqyre had such a bitch of a week mate, my sympaties to you both. Hope Insurance covered the damage, better up the premium in any case with Zizzle and InCider coming to the swap. Remove any screen doors :D

Although, if you need any demolition done...

Seriously though, is lack of man power holding you back? I'm sure a few us us could come over for a day and drink all of your beer... hold your beer while watching you do some work... help out a bit. Even if we just do a brew for you :D

I'm sure Pat would volunteer to come over and keep Renae out of your hair for a while ;)

Even if we just do a brew for you :D
Fantastic idea! a brewday/working bee at sqyres. We can help him get his stocks up for the swap. We supply the ingredients.

I'm in - brewday at Sqyres. Cheer him up a bit and set him behind 3 days at least in getting the work done :D.

I'll bring the hops.

and set him behind 3 days at least in getting the work done.

Exactly.. thanks Micheal...
Its fine really guys... i'm sure i can manage..
Although your welcome to come over and have a brew day if you like..
But i have pretty much NO BEER LEFT just some stout which is great for hot summer days..not.
So you will have to bring your own.. and me some too..

Sqyre...

But i have pretty much NO BEER LEFT just some stout which is great for hot summer days..not.

So we need someone to fly Bruce in an emergency beer ration! Some sort of light summer ale. :chug:

Actually, i think the lack of Refreshing summer ales is whats driving the Building process..

If i had some i would probably at the bar instead of working.. :D
Sqyre... :party:

Back