Qld Xmas Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see if I can find the recipe - its an old (English presumably?) recipe for an ale including a bludgened old rooster to help one recover from wot ever aled you. Brew day project?

Could this meet have gotten any further from a reasonable location for people that do not live in Brisbane? I would have loved to have gone, but 5 hours each way does not sound like fun ;)

Dear Kevnlis

I woke up at last years meet at daylight and drove home...it took about 5 hrs just to get home.

Put your skirt on and make an effort :angry:

But I still blame Ross, ( and 25 other brewers ) for making me stay and drink some fantastic beer.

:ph34r:

Dear Kevnlis

I woke up at last years meet at daylight and drove home...it took about 5 hrs just to get home.

Put your skirt on and make an effort :angry:
But I still blame Ross, ( and 25 other brewers ) for making me stay and drink some fantastic beer.

:ph34r:

HTFU
At the last couple of meets, half of us didn't sleep untill daylight!!!!! :D

Campbell
drinking and typing....... not always the best option

Kevnlis - mate,

This Caseswap is about showing what you've got, not what you don't like or want to do.

I'm grateful to be able to go, and so far I have missed one anniversay (Xmas in July case swap) and another one for the Xmas Swap. I want to go, so I'll do what I have to do to make it happen. Even take up Bindi & Mikes offer to 'get off the "Man Cordial" and go AG'.

And it will be FUN. FUN! Great food, beer and lots of brew talk as you can imagine. Don't worry about the Deadlocked Paper Tiger, Zizzle, he just needs some glasses of water in between beers and nurofem for when he gets his headaches.

A few pics here to make you feel at home: Xmas In July Swap

InCider.

I am 100% sure I am not a pomme thanks! :p :p :p

When you say "case swap" do we bring 26 of the Coopers PET bottles full of our designated brew and then swap 1 bottle with each person so that everyone ends up with 1 bottle from each person on that list? I take it I just need to put a #20 on each bottle so people know it was mine? Sorry but I am new to this thing...

I will do aa AG Seaonal Pumpkin Ale (with real pumpkin pie spice that I just so happen to keep handy here in Oz, I find it impossible to mimick!) to bring the spirit of the States to the party B)

Interested to see how that turns out. I've got a can sitting in my cupboard (along with a can of Carnation evaporated milk) that my sister sent me last year cause she figured I wouldn't be able to source locally. As nobody in my family is keen on pumpkin pie, it's just been sitting. We had a big Thanksgiving here 2-years ago and someone tried one from scratch, but wasn't quite the same. Hmmm, pumpkin ale...

Yes I seem to recall your arm required twisting for, well it must have been as long as a millisecond, before you would stay... :)

I assume you mean tinned pumpkin wilda. I roast my own fresh pumpkin and find it actually comes out better than the authentic recipe... IMHO anyway. The pies are a definate PITA to make properly, so I will do the beer ;)

Interested to see how that turns out. I've got a can sitting in my cupboard (along with a can of Carnation evaporated milk) that my sister sent me last year cause she figured I wouldn't be able to source locally. As nobody in my family is keen on pumpkin pie, it's just been sitting. We had a big Thanksgiving here 2-years ago and someone tried one from scratch, but wasn't quite the same. Hmmm, pumpkin ale...

Don't you start on the weird beers too - :D

And Batz complains about Wheat Beer!

Even take up Bindi & Mikes offer to 'get off the "Man Cordial" and go AG'.

InCider.

Well you better get your arse into gear, my rig is waiting, give me a date and I'll pencil in "InCiders REAL Beer" :D Set aside 6 hrs but better arrange for a lift home with your cube.

Well you better get your arse into gear, my rig is waiting, give me a date and I'll pencil in "InCiders REAL Beer" :D Set aside 6 hrs but better arrange for a lift home with your cube.

6 hours with Sean???, You sure your up to the challange Mike?

Sqyre.. :p

Sounds great. I'll bell you this weekend to arrange a 'date'. I might have to bring my Old man along if its the 15th or 16th - we can turn him too!

Lukim!

InCider.

Drop some little blue pills in the next brew then?

Drop some little blue pills in the next brew then?
lf_potatohead1.jpg

Stay up all night!

Was chatting to Mr Sqyre last night and we were talking about the swap.

I told Brucey I'd travel the continent as long as I was guaranteed some sort of sexual release that didn't involve a goat, a pig, a PET bottle or InCider's sister (only because that is always a false promise.)

Before Brucey could answer, Mrs Sqyre said, "Yeah, I'll do it but I will be really fat thanks to Pat getting me up the duff while you guys were at the last Swap."

No offence Mrs Sqyre and many thanks for your consideration but I'd hate to see the pig (I prefer lamb) getting neglected for what would be at least six hours on the Swap night. You understand. Mind you, I suppose I could come early (Shit! Can't find the emoticons!)

Haven't any of you brewers got sisters or sisters-in-law?

(Great to see the post count already approaching 300)
Pat

Sounds great. I'll bell you this weekend to arrange a 'date'. I might have to bring my Old man along if its the 15th or 16th - we can turn him too!

Lukim!

InCider.

Sorry I don't understand "Lukim"

Hey Pat - #300!

Hope to see you mate - could be a record distance too.

I'll get Baa Bra ready now - some training might me in order.

InCider.

Latest posts

Back