Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little stuff up there Sqyre me old mate. Batz hasn't dropped out - His comments were in quotes from a previous post. B)

C = Confirmed
1. C Ross - English Bitter
2. Sluggerdog - Bohemian Pilsner (probably)
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale
10. C Altstart - English Bitter
11. C Derrick - TBA
12. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
13. C Snow - Schwartzbier
14. C PistolPatch - German Lager BIAB.
15. C Batz - Scottish Ale
16. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
17. C OLD DOG - american style ale
18. C bconnery- some kind of ale
19. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
20. C Aussie Claret - American Brown
21. C Brissybrew
22. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
23. C David Bunzil - TBA
24. Hoops - TBA
25. C Zizzle - TBA
26. C sjc - Adelscott Clone

Attending / Reserves
27. FNQ Bunyip
28. Andrew QLD (small chance he can make it)

cheers Ross

:blink:

I am getting giddy :p On the list, off the list, on the list, off........... :lol:

Batz

SORRY! :blink: BATZ

No more list adjusting from me...Keep stuffing it up. :unsure:

as some of you may be aware I am unable to drive down to this event. I do however live very central to brisbane and anyone going through the CBD to get onto the riverside expressway would find that a detour to my place would set them back less than 10 minutes total. Can anyone give me a lift down and back please?

I am moderately house trained, but may fart frequently due to hoppy beer consumption from the night before.

that last sentence didn't really help my chances did it...

Have added vjval1975 in the reserve section. Re-added 'Beer Supply.' Haven't copied any colours or font sizes Sqyre as most of us are illiterate let alone capable of stuff like that!

Swap Particpants (C=Conformed)

3. C Mothballs- Porter
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
11. C Derrick - TBA
14. C PistolPatch - TBA.
16. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
21. C Brissybrew
22. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
23. C David Bunzil - TBA
24. Hoops - TBA
25. C Zizzle - TBA

Attending / Reserves

27. FNQ Bunyip
29. vjval1975

Beer Supply

Mothballs - self contained
Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
Jye- self contained - Wheatburst
PistolPatch - TBA
BrissyBrew - TBA
Sluggerdog - TBA

If i only used my Geekyness for Good instead of Evil.....
(ummmm.....Conformed??? at least you got the list right...i keep f*%^ing it up) lol

Anyone got a bio-containment suit for coodgee?

97.6% sure I can bring a keg of beer, dunno what, I have a pluto gun, so I will be 85.3% percent self contained if I bring down a fully carbed keg. will probably just need an occasional CO2 top up to keep the beer flowing.

93% of statistics are made up on the spot. 84% of all people are aware of this fact.

She'll be right coodgee, i have a spare tap or 5 to hook you up.

Bring it on... :beerbang:

that's great news squire. I almost wouldn't mind bring down two kegs and 26 pet bottles.. fill your own.. only cos I am very lazy :)

drinking another one of my summer ales at the moment which is a hit with my mates, but might not stand up to the lupulin-tolerent crowd of a SEQLD AHB meet up. I guess it is 49IBU. So "Coodgee's Summer Ale" can be added to the list of beers for consumption on the night.

Has anyone factored in beer supply vs consumption for the night? I can just imagine 6 kegs being drained.. 25 thirsty brewers, and 250 bottles of premium home brew that is not meant to be consumed on the night...

Could be a problem!!

in total i have 10 taps. 6 on the font, and 4 on fridges.

There is a few people bringing miracle boxes and mobile bars..

so i think we should be good... :beer:

BUT....coodgee,you might also be right :huh:

come on boys we NEED MORE BEER!! :party:

BAD NEWS IM AFRAID GUYS....

Dont worry, for all you guys that were hoping to get lucky we have a backup plan.

Rumor has it incider's sister has a goat suit :blink: :p

I tried to buy her a new goat suit for the swap but we locked horns over the colours. :D

She wanted some 'hilly billy goat' colours from Landsborough.

:lol:

I can't confirm a goat suit,and this is only a rumour...........but I did hear once Tidalpete will dress up in a turtle suit.
Really does nothing for me but perhaps the pistol? :p

Batz

he's already got the neck for a turtle suit. give him a few beers and we shoud be able to put any suit we want on him. what was that toothless super hero from ren and stimpy called.

(probably after your time folks).

Not "Powered toast man!"

Log Log Log?

Batz

Appreciate it if you'd put me on the reserve list PistolPatch. I've got a batch of "Festival Ale" (local kit) ready to bottle that looks promising & should have quite a kick (OG 1.082, FG 1.002). Not sure if I can make it -- haven't talked to the wife yet, but not far away -- GC hinterland and blown away by the pics of Sqyre's shed. Would love meet some local brewers and sample some other brews; this sounds like a prime opportunity.

Cheers, Brian

Swap Particpants (C=Conformed)

3. C Mothballs- Porter
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
11. C Derrick - TBA
14. C PistolPatch - TBA.
21. C Brissybrew
22. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
23. C David Bunzil - TBA
24. Hoops - TBA
25. C Zizzle - TBA

Attending / Reserves

27. FNQ Bunyip
29. vjval1975

Beer Supply

Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
PistolPatch - TBA
BrissyBrew - TBA
Sluggerdog - TBA
Frogman - TBA

Have thrown you in the list Brian as Sqyre has temporarily lost all confidence in his list posting ability. You'll find coming to the swap invaluable to your brewing and you'll even get a free headache if you drink enough. Doesn't get much better than that! Maybe you could make your wife drink 12 bottles of your Festival Ale Saturday lunchtime? That should knock her out until Sunday night and you won't need permission to attend - perfect. Make sure you're there mate.

Guys, I'm a bit upset about all these goat jokes. You might think they're funny but you're not the ones who are now going to have to stumble 10 clicks up the road at 4am to get a little company. How about a little sensitivity?

Swap Particpants (C=Confirmed)

3. C Mothballs- Porter
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
11. C Derrick - TBA
14. C PistolPatch - TBA.
21. C Brissybrew
22. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
23. C David Bunzil - TBA
24. Hoops - TBA
25. C Zizzle - TBA

Attending / Reserves

27. FNQ Bunyip
29. vjval1975
30. Wildayeast

Beer Supply

Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
PistolPatch - self contained
BrissyBrew - TBA
Sluggerdog - TBA
Frogman - TBA

Geez 14 pages, this is like War and Peace a real epic. My Weihenstephan Weizen case contribution is bubbling away down to 1.014 this morning and smelling of banana and clove already. Bottling in a week should be peeking by swap time. Pity the goat has a previous engagement, probably better off Sqyre cause some of the boys might have plied it with strong drink. All this who's in and who's not has me confused is InCider's sister coming now?

Hey Batz, maybe we can urge Mudshark to bring Spindle along, she looked alright to me.

Thanks Patch, the "LIST" is all yours...I resign myself from the position of "Annoying List Fiddler" and will concentrate more on getting the Venue ready for the event.

It is well known by my associates that the more i try to organise an event the worse it turns out so i am steering clear of anything to do with the "List" before i rub a heap of people up the wrong way and get forcably shoved into a goat suit.. :blink:

As for the Shed, hopefully all will be in readiness by the due date. I have spent the last few weekends getting a bit more work done but my time has been limited due to the fact im presently working 6 days a week.

So here is a sneak peak of where i'm up to with the bar. (please excuse the flat looking beer in the pic as the cook washed my glasses in the dishwasher with the pots and pans :eek: )

View attachment 9667

View attachment 9668

Latest posts

Back