Qld Police Have Gps Breathalisers Now

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its sad, but most of the dickheads I have known here and some I even worked with , have become cops. Nothin sadder than a middle age dude becoming a cop

Well I for one believe they do a fantastic job, scum-bags trying bash or shoot them every night. I wouldn't be a cop for Chinese hops.

Your doing a great service boys, keep it up ! :super:

Oh....I drive a white Suzi soft top with a Batz Brewery sticker on the back...

Batz :lol:

I have long thought that traffic matters should be taken away from the police & given to a new body - Traffic Wardens would come under this body as well.
The Police could then do what we really want them to do & that is concentrate on crime prevention.
Nearly all the bad feeling towards the police comes from traffic related issues - Give it to someone else & their public support would rocket.

cheers Ross

Speed cameras are already handled by contractors (at least in SA)

Well I for one believe they do a fantastic job, scum-bags trying bash or shoot them every night. I wouldn't be a cop for Chinese hops.

Your doing a great service boys, keep it up ! :super:

Oh....I drive a white Suzi soft top with a Batz Brewery sticker on the back...

Batz :lol:

Did the magic happens sticker fall off mate??? :ph34r:

Hmm nah I disagree. You have to admit attitudes have changed about drink driving since random breath testing was introduced. Before it was the quite the norm to drive home from the pub after downing 4 or 5 schooners, especially if it wasnt far etc. How many people still do this? Well, a few, but def not as many as there were back in the 70's and certainly not regularly.

A quick google shows up this for Australian road death statistics: "In 2008, 36% of people who died had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.05% or higher: most had BACs three times the legal limit" Which is still pretty high - although NSW for last year recorded the lowest road toll since like 1944!! and we now have 20 times the number of cars on the road...but that's another topic entirely.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/01/2457743.htm
Fully agree, see how much your attitude changes when you get done for DUI at .169 and cop a $1000 fine which you had just saved up and had to hand over :angry: and not be able to drive for 9 months which leaves you in the shit to pick up your son 3hrs away for visitation every fortnight.....

Changed my attitude....

I thank the cops that pulled me over that morning 50mtrs from leaving my house because who knows what damage I could have caused trying to drive 1 hr to my destination.... :huh:

I do love getting pulled over now for RBT as ive got nothing for them to get me for, other than the following morning sometimes that I still worry about.........

CB

Man, that idea would scare the hell out of me. The speed camera situation down here is out of control due to the industry being privatised to cowboys - I can't imagine what it'd be like if they were given the power to pull us over too.

If you dont break the law you have nothing to be scared of bum. I dont care about how scared you will be if the speed cameras become privatised. I feel for more the scared faces of kids sat in the back of their car coming home from school in that milli second before impact of another vehicle that was breaking the law. Pretty ******* simple really if you ask me.

If you dont break the law you have nothing to be scared of bum. I dont care about how scared you will be if the speed cameras become privatised. I feel for more the scared faces of kids sat in the back of their car coming home from school in that milli second before impact of another vehicle that was breaking the law. Pretty ******* simple really if you ask me.

I agree completely. I'm the Wipe Off Five poster boy and will not drive unless I'm .00.

I'm referring to contractors down here who operate outside of the law and a system which gives little recourse for complaint. I can see the situation Boagsy described occurring (although I can't tell if he's joking or not).

Some cops just aren't cut out for real crime fighting though.

Switch on the Sirens and Flashing Lights, hopefully the baddies will be gone when we get there :lol: University boys these days, don't want skinned knuckles. Shit of a job eh, wouldn't want to do it myself.

Screwy

Not joking Bum.
Speed camera's are privatised down here in Tassie and yes innocent people do get done. And you wanna take it to court? Yeah right, like that's a place where Justice is always done, unless your loaded forget it.
It's rediculous, they are about to bring the margin for error on the bloody things down from 10% to 5%. There are a lot of things to concentrate on when your driving other than your speedo reading +/-5kms. Perhaps you don't have to worry about it so much if you can afford the fine but fines aren't income dependant unfortunatley.
I would never condone drink driving, it's on a par with attempted murder. Innocent people die because some loser thinks he's Allan Moffat after a few drinks.
My last offence I did attempt to explain to the Judge that I'de had a few drinks and was driving slower to compensate but he failed to see my logic. There is one Judge around here who lost a daughter to a drunk driver, lemme tell ya you don't wanna face him as a repeat offender.

Poorly calibrated machines. Camera cars set up (illegally) over the crests of hills. Camera cars with their parkers on so it looks like they're just pulled over - ok, the people caught here are genuinely breaking the law and I have no sympathy for them but the practice is appalling and I don't want to see this attitude extend to all matters of traffic law enforcement.

How, the speed detection devices can give false readings, even a bird can put them out. Google it, I did when I got done for doing 138 in a 110. I know I wasn't doing the speed and so did my old man who was sitting in the seat beside me and he watches my speedo like a hawk when I take him anywhere. It happens to a lot of people.

According to Anna 'Flucking' Bligh, everything in QLD needs to be privatised.

What a C#*&^t.

Rant over.

Marlow

Nope. Nothing about camera placement on the crest of hill being against their guidelines here (see link). Apologies Bum.

But mind you, they're not allowed to put speed cameras in Vic near railway lines, overpasses, on bends, at bottom of hills or any gradient that will cause someone to speed up in top gear, reflective surfaces (like signs and garage doors) that can interfere with the equipment - so yeah there are plenty of places they could come unstuck.

3rd Link Down - Vic Pol Mobile Speed Camera Policy

I found this handy reading - kind of showed me where I won't find one of those darn cameras! :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

University boys these days.

Screwy

Nah Screwie,

They are usually boneheads who couldn't get into University or any other job. As for dyke cops, they are the worst creatures on this earth.

cheers

darren

As for dyke cops, they are the worst creatures on this earth.

Only thing worse that Dyke Cop is Dyke Highway Patrol Cop - if you got bald tyres = one ticket for each bald tyre! At least the bloke Cops only usually give out one ticket for three bald tyres!

The majority of the Highway Patrol have got that job because they have NO PEOPLE SKILLS, so keep it in mid, no matter how much pride you emmit, START SWALLOWING as soon as you see the leather cap!

I'm pretty sure there's a thread floating around with many ideas of this sort, twas interesting conversation. Though, there's not much that is quicket (and easier for the cops) than "Wind your window down and blow into the tube, sir".

I think the crucial question here is whether the main objective is revenue raising or public safety.

If the interest is public safety then we should encourage a push towards affordable, accurate breathalysers available to the public. You can pick up a little pocket breatho at a liquor store now, but I can't imagine they're very accurate. Anyone try to take one into a police station to test it? There would be an interesting editorial in that. I wonder if they'd get the same reaction that ReVox described.

People drink. The current approach is "all or nothing" - e.g. the recent public service ads saying "if you think you're a little bit over, you are". All or nothing is nothing but extremism. And an ineffective policy at that. Look at how well it's worked in sex education in the US!

I'm fine with .05 and taking the responsible route. But I'd like to be better informed about when I hit that limit rather than just taking a wild ass guess or not drinking at all - the two options currently afforded to us.*

*Yes, a third option would be to take a taxi, but this isn't always a viable option for those of us in the country (those who aren't millionaires, anyway)

Nah Screwie,

They are usually boneheads who couldn't get into University or any other job. As for dyke cops, they are the worst creatures on this earth.

cheers

darren

:lol: :lol: Sounds like there's a story attached to this response Das ???

Screwy

Latest posts

Back