Qld Police Have Gps Breathalisers Now

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonator

Reaction score
Am unshaven and look like a bum, (because I can).

Got pulled over and ask to blow into the tube on top of this HUGE yellow device with screen and buttons.

We were standing there for about two minutes, nothing happening, and I had to ask, "Are you waiting for me to sober-up?" Response, "We are waiting for the little symbol that tells us the satellite tracking has locked-on to tell us where we are."

I wonder if it also tells if I'm criminal, heart rate, what I had for dinner and reads my mind?

Another quality thread by Carbonator.

Am unshaven and look like a bum, (because I can).

Got pulled over and ask to blow into the tube on top of this HUGE yellow device with screen and buttons.

We were standing there for about two minutes, nothing happening, and I had to ask, "Are you waiting for me to sober-up?" Response, "We are waiting for the little symbol that tells us the satellite tracking has locked-on to tell us where we are."

I wonder if it also tells if I'm criminal, heart rate, what I had for dinner and reads my mind?

Struth, if the cops don't know where they are, what chance have us drunks got.

Cheers. Hoges.

Doesnt supprise me. Sometimes the fuzz need all the evidence they can get their hands on.

a few years ago I got caught going a bit too quick and it ended up in court. The police officer couldnt remember exactly where I was caught, what direction I was travelling, what the road conditions or even weather was like - in fact when questioned about if they took a breathalizer reading the responce was "I dont know, but if we did and it came up possitive I would remember". Yet some how her "professional opinion" on how fast she assumed I was travelling because the radar wouldnt lock on held up in court. Pfft beats me.

Now obviously a lot happened in between the offence and the court hearing (nearly 12 months) so im not supprised she couldnt remember everything - but still...

I not drive a diesel 4x4 - theres not a hope in hell I can go too quick now LOL - most im likely to get is an EPA warning for smoking someone out. At the end of the day I took the 15 month suspension cause I figured whilst I didnt deserve the suspension for that offence there had been plenty of times I did deserve that penalty when I haddnt been caught. Im still spewing about the court costs and legal fees though.

I've had to blow a few times over the last 6 months, inner-city Victoria and no sign of GPS.. Just a breath test and away I went (I don't drink and drive).

:icon_offtopic: : Took the wife out to dinner for her birthday a few years ago.. to some joint in Williamstown. We knew we'd be drinking so we took a cab there and back.. on the return trip the cabbie had to stop and blow at a booze-bust. Cabbie was fine and as we waited for the result, I rolled the window down and told the cop I was drunk (hence the cab) and asked if he'd let me blow just to satisfy my curiosity at BAC. I asked nice and respectfully, too (I might add). Anyway, the cop went nuts blasting into me that I was treating him like he's a fu!king joke (his words), on and on and on. I couldn't believe it! He threatened to pull me out of the car and arrest me for disturbing the peace, interrupting an investigation.. all sorts of shit. Screaming, all the while, mind you. He was obviously having a bad day, but a simple, "No. That's not appropriate" would've sufficed. I will add, 99% of the cops I've encountered here in AUS have been great tho.. fully there to help, etc.

Cheers

reVox

I've had to blow a few times over the last 6 months, inner-city Victoria and no sign of GPS.. Just a breath test and away I went (I don't drink and drive).

Might be different in QLD but here in Vic the breath test you do in the car isn't evidential, it is just preliminary. It is a "guide". If you blow over then you have to blow into the real one or do a blood test. The little breathalyser isn't what you get charged on so I don't see why it would need GPS down here.

Thats true bum - BUT they can ask you to travel to the police station in the back of the police car with them in the case of an RBT rather than a booze bus situation.

I've also had the issue with cops going nut about a passenger asking to have a breath test. I was designated driver one night bretho'd fine. Whilst I was blowing in the tube rear seat passenger asks if he can see how sloshed he was - cop pulled him out of the car to question him about if he was intending to drive later that evening and all kinds of crap. I was like dude you could've either just politely refused or wasted the $0.15 of tax payers money on a spare tube and answer the dudes curiosity. No instead you justified why some people refer to the fuzz as "pigs" (a term I HATE).

Edit : I have no issue with police - I think in 99% of cases they do a top job looking after public safety. I do have a problem with certain attitudes that seem previlant from older members of the TMU however.

Edit take 2 : I recently heard of a bloke (I may even have read it on here - though I have a feeling its from someone I know) getting charged fro drink driving on his own property because the vehicle was road registered - apparently there would have been no issue if the vehicle wasnt registered as it is seen that there is "no intent" to drive on public roads in an unregistered vehicle where as in a registered vehicle there maybe "intent" to drive on public roads...
This kinda freaked me out cause theres been many a "shed night" working on "toys" where we've been a little sideways working on cars and we've driven road registered cars to swap one cars position with another to pull a different car in the shed etc. This is apparently illegal and can end in a drink driving charge. Now wether this is just an "urban myth" I cant confirm.

Thats true bum - BUT they can ask you to travel to the police station in the back of the police car with them in the case of an RBT rather than a booze bus situation.
Yeah, wasn't suggesting they ignore it if there's no more gear onsite. Sorry if it looked that way.

Seen them in Munich. Usually come with a stripper and a box of tissues. :icon_cheers:

Warren -

I've also had the issue with cops going nut about a passenger asking to have a breath test. I was designated driver one night bretho'd fine. Whilst I was blowing in the tube rear seat passenger asks if he can see how sloshed he was - cop pulled him out of the car to question him about if he was intending to drive later that evening and all kinds of crap. I was like dude you could've either just politely refused or wasted the $0.15 of tax payers money on a spare tube and answer the dudes curiosity. No instead you justified why some people refer to the fuzz as "pigs" (a term I HATE).

From what I'm told (by a cop) he probably cracked the shits since the units are "tamperproof" and all readings are recorded and need to be reconciled with blood tests later. Can't have the plods letting people off with a warning if they're on the limit now can we.
Mind you he could have simply explained that.

I got busted twice for DUI when I lived in USA. I was sorta young, sorta stupid, and sorta drunk Thing is, in Minnesota where I lived, the BAC limit was .10 (double what it is here), there we NO RBT's and the only way to get checked for drink driving was to have an accident, or be extremewly drunk and fall asleep at the traffic lights or something stupid.

I learned my lesson after #2 and quit drinking for about 18 months. When I moved here, I started to imbibe again, NEVER drink and drive.

So here's one of my gripes. The cops set up a massive RBT and check hundred and hundreds of motorists to catch 3-4 people who are over .05. I feel their time would be much better spent looking for people what are too tired to be driving, since there are many more deaths in AUS every year attributed to driver fatigue than Drunken driving. .05 isn't drunk, and shouldn't be classified as such. But it is, so we deal with that. But millions upon millions of dollars are spent every year looking for people that are over the limit. Yet they aren't a major cause of deaths in AUS. Hell I bet MacDonalds kills more, you just can't prove it.

OK, I have more, but I'll save it for later LOL!

Oh yeah.. and most cops that I meet are dickheads.. really they are.

Agreed, it keeps the boys in jobs as well.

It's annoying because they'd be better off just driving around and noting everyone that's a crap driver. It's not hard because whenever I drive around I see crap drivers all the time. Pull them over and then test them for tiredness, road rules knowledge, drunkenness etc. Actually enforce the rule where wankers aren't meant to sit in the right lane. Stuff like that.

What has all this got to do with being unshaven?

I don't think he look like me either. :ph34r:

It is so bad that the Police are cracking down on it.

Apparently.

man if their crackin down on hairy bums.......... i reckon i'm gunna do time.

Latest posts

Back