Qld Police Have Gps Breathalisers Now

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And fitting cameras to Tasers for 'Funniest Home Videos' :eek:

In the old before everybody got so stupid days only got breathalised in case of accident or moving traffic violation.

While we're on RANT...

Can we decapitate anyone tailgating - scares the sh1t out of me...

Actually enforce the rule where wankers aren't meant to sit in the right lane. Stuff like that.

Too many Corporate thieves and Pollies in the right lane. It would not go down too well if they did!

What has all this got to do with being unshaven?

I look like I just got off the bus from Long Bay!

nothin worse than a hairy bum. :icon_vomit:

That's why I installed a basin and tap in the toilet!

It's not classified as 'drunk', it's classified as 'the point at which alcohol begins to impair motor and reflex functions'.

I tend to dispute that at home, as I installed 100's of Mod Chips into Playstations while sucking subsidised piss! None of them failed to work!

WHY? You are going forward, just turn the mirrors out so you can't see the bastards. Cars in my mirror get smaller as I get further away! Works great. Plan your trip, don't come across two lanes in the last 25 M to turn left or right in front of others is another hint to avoid that problem.

Got bashed by six #%holes I caught trying to break into my business one night, called the police station, recorded message told me the station closes at 6pm gave number for Kawana, rang Kawana recorded message said no one home ring Maroochydore, rang Maroochy. They turned up to have a look at my two black eyes and nose and take a statement at 9am next morning. A month or so later we were stopped leaving Alexandra Heads surf club by an RBT at 9pm, there must have been a dozen or more cops there. I made it clear that I now understand why I received the recorded messages when I rang the the police station. Lots of cops in my family, in their day they dealt with baddies, now they're just transport nannies. No one should drive drunk, that can kill people. But it seems like all of the policing resources are taken up with easy revenue earning opportunities. rant over

Screwy

I for one welcome GPS breathalysers.

It's bad enough not knowing how pissed I am, but where the hell I am and how I got here..

While we're on RANT...

Get out of my way then. If im honkin along at 110kph im not slowing down for any one - it takes too long to get the rubber band wound up that tight. This is l why I have a bull bar and drive at all times with my head lights on (ignition on headlights on module fitted). I'd also suggest you do get out of my way cause the patrol is severely underbraked at best and with 285/75R16 mud terrains I dont stop in a hurry even when i want to.

(disclaimer : I actually have the bull bar to support a 9000lbs winch and to try avoid serious damage from hitting animals (patrol 1 roo 0 so far) - I do a lot of long distance touring. I drive with my headlights on because you'd be amazed at how many people dont see a fully loaded white patrol without the headlights on in the middle of the day. I also wont tailgate you unless you cut me off or overtake me then slow down in front of me - when I do tailgate you I will hit you with highbeams inc. spot lights and a few blasts from the airhorns so you'll at least know im pissed off and I dont always drive like that.)

Oh yeah.. and most cops that I meet are dickheads.. really they are.

Its sad, but most of the dickheads I have known here and some I even worked with , have become cops. Nothin sadder than a middle age dude becoming a cop

Most people I grew up with that became cops were drug abusers (mostly amphetamines) at some stage in their life...

I bet they didnt put that down on there resume

A few years back I got breath tested at Angelsea around new years on the Great Ocean Rd.

The copper said "Blow into the bag until I say stop." so I did.

And did some more.

And then that little beep noise went off on the machine so I was about to stop and he said "Not yet, keep going".

Thank christ I'd taken a deep breath because the ******* was making me go for some kind of long distance record. I felt like I was going to burst or the reverse of that.

Then it all became too bloody much - I had no more air to give and pulled my mouth off the straw and said 'I'm sorry I can't do this anymore', heaving for air.

And the copper just laughed. I realised he'd been pulling my leg - funny *******. Blow me down, a copper with a sense of humour. Who would have thought.

Hopper.

Funny sense of humour. Just another dickhead more likely

Id say it would be for analysis purposes
It would feed into the data base which would record dates, how many people they pulled over, BAC, and the Gps would record where they were.
They would probably use this to taget areas where they were getting more people with a higher BAC. Then they would probably put a booze bus there more often to curb the drinking in that area...

purely a guess :huh:

And the copper just laughed. I realised he'd been pulling my leg - funny *******. Blow me down, a copper with a sense of humour. Who would have thought.

Theres some bloody good coppers out there. I got pulled up when I'd only just gotten my licence for going to quick (yeah I've got a pretty heavy right boot). Officer D. Ferrari - this amused me, a ferrari pulled me up. He gave me a wrap over the knuckles for speeding. But at same time had a joke with me and let me off with a warning for towing a boat trailer with an expired rego. Told me just to get it fixed up as soon as I got to my destination.
I pulled away from that run in with the law thinking "gee he was a top bloke - talked some sence I I guess he's right I better pay more attention to my speedo" I didnt get pulled up for some 6 months after that. Then I got pulled up and copped some arsehole cop and I thought "f**ck you arsehole" I learned nothing and decided that cops were pricks.
Thing is I should have been in way more trouble with officer Ferrari cause I was doing nearly 20ks over the limit and towing an unregistered trailer and one of my P plates had fallen off the window.
With the second incident I was getting pulled up for doing 6kph over the speed limit at 2am in the morning in a road works zone (no one was working mind you).
Attitudes can make a world of difference. Same as teachers. The teachers that just squark on about everything no one pays any attention to, every one just thinks they are a stupid old fart. The teacher that pulls you aside and gives you a fair go but kicks your ass at the same time makes a bigger impact on your behaviour.

I for one am glad they are breathilizing GPS's. Mine never seems to know where I am. I have suspected it of taking a few sneaky pints while I'm in the shops. Every time I head out to Redland Bay it ells me I'm driving through a golf course.

And I haven't hit one golfer yet...

Get out of my way then. If im honkin along at 110kph im not slowing down for any one - . I'd also suggest you do get out of my way cause the patrol is severely underbraked at best and with 285/75R16 mud terrains I dont stop in a hurry even when i want to.

That would be the odd occasion after a Hilux has towed you back to the hard stuff?

<_<

Just kidding!

^ Hows the hilux gunna get to where im stuck - the hilux will see the rough stuff and bust a diff :p
Only thing that would be tough enough to get where I'd be getting stuck would be a G wagon or another patrol :p

So here's one of my gripes. The cops set up a massive RBT and check hundred and hundreds of motorists to catch 3-4 people who are over .05. I feel their time would be much better spent looking for people what are too tired to be driving, since there are many more deaths in AUS every year attributed to driver fatigue than Drunken driving. .05 isn't drunk, and shouldn't be classified as such. But it is, so we deal with that. But millions upon millions of dollars are spent every year looking for people that are over the limit. Yet they aren't a major cause of deaths in AUS. Hell I bet MacDonalds kills more, you just can't prove it.

Hmm nah I disagree. You have to admit attitudes have changed about drink driving since random breath testing was introduced. Before it was the quite the norm to drive home from the pub after downing 4 or 5 schooners, especially if it wasnt far etc. How many people still do this? Well, a few, but def not as many as there were back in the 70's and certainly not regularly.

A quick google shows up this for Australian road death statistics: "In 2008, 36% of people who died had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.05% or higher: most had BACs three times the legal limit" Which is still pretty high - although NSW for last year recorded the lowest road toll since like 1944!! and we now have 20 times the number of cars on the road...but that's another topic entirely.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/01/2457743.htm

Edit take 2 : I recently heard of a bloke (I may even have read it on here - though I have a feeling its from someone I know) getting charged fro drink driving on his own property because the vehicle was road registered - apparently there would have been no issue if the vehicle wasnt registered as it is seen that there is "no intent" to drive on public roads in an unregistered vehicle where as in a registered vehicle there maybe "intent" to drive on public roads...
This kinda freaked me out cause theres been many a "shed night" working on "toys" where we've been a little sideways working on cars and we've driven road registered cars to swap one cars position with another to pull a different car in the shed etc. This is apparently illegal and can end in a drink driving charge. Now wether this is just an "urban myth" I cant confirm.

Commonwealth Law.....anywhere with public access by right or not is considered a public vehicle throughfare/road.........

(ie: whether someone has the right to do it or not, if they have access to it with a vehicle the law may consider it as a public road. I believe it was an amendment made somewhere in the 80's in order to stop the whole "car has pulled into a residential driveway, cannot arrest as can only prove has been driving on private property" chestnut.)
That's how we used to deal with it in NZ...if you could beat the cop home and get your car into your driveway past the footpath, and the keys out of the ignition, you were home free. I also recall the situation of someone riding a motorcross bike through a shopping centre in Auckland and up an escalator to get away from the police - in court they argued that he was riding a motorbike through a pedestrian area - he argued that because he could get the bike in there and there were no signs specifying no motorbikes, that under the definition it was a public road and he had done nothing wrong. He won. (Although he still got done for reckless use of a motor vehicle and resisting arrest - and got him for a quick fine for heading wrong way on one way street - he rode up the down escalator :lol:)
My one and only DUI was on a beach in NZ after a couple too many beers. A mate got the car stuck in the sand, I got behind the wheel while he pushed - and that's about when the cops turned up....not on the road, and it was possible to get the car from my property onto the sand without going anywhere the road - but I still got done. Oh well. Live and learn. Leave the ******* to the tide next time.

Hmm nah I disagree. You have to admit attitudes have changed about drink driving since random breath testing was introduced. Before it was the quite the norm to drive home from the pub after downing 4 or 5 schooners, especially if it wasnt far etc. How many people still do this? Well, a few, but def not as many as there were back in the 70's and certainly not regularly.

A quick google shows up this for Australian road death statistics: "In 2008, 36% of people who died had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.05% or higher: most had BACs three times the legal limit" Which is still pretty high - although NSW for last year recorded the lowest road toll since like 1944!! and we now have 20 times the number of cars on the road...but that's another topic entirely.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/01/2457743.htm

What shits me about drinking and driving is that if you want to go out on the town you have to pay like $40 to get back home with a taxi...and when you are drunk you are more likely to say **** it I'm going to drive and not fork out the $40.

In germany, even though society there has a different stance on drink driving, there was always a bus to get me home. So simple, finish up at the pub at 1:40, get to bus station at 1:55, buy 2 beers at the station as well as some food and drink and eat on the bus home...

Now either my girlfriend or I have to stay under the limit so we can drive home... :(

GPS for Police is Tassie bound as well. Not sure why as it seems a waste of money. Seems an over empowered Police force is the way Australia is heading as citizens civil liberties shrink more and more under the guise of safety and security. In a mobile society the RBT put the brakes on socializing such as family get togethers, funtions. and a few beers after work at the pub. Now the polititians have us exactly where they want us in our human filing cabinets still drinking but home alone. Unfortunately for all the political grandstanding society is no safer and indeed it can get downright dangerous out there and thats not only on the road. In my view RBT is a waste of Police resource with over 12 million tests done throughout Australia last year. However as mentioned before the motorist is an easy target and a never ending source of revenue for governments.

<_<

Latest posts

Back