Qld Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick feedback on the next few case swap beers:

#2 - Sleeping pils - Cinnamon smell hits you right away, certainly a powerful spice. Unfortunately to my tastes it dominates the beer rather than compliments it and I found it too overpowering. Not sure if it'll smooth out in a few months time or not but I wasn't able to drink any more than a glass.

#9 - Something Darkly Delicious - I think the title accurately describes this, full of flavour and bitterness with no hope of seeing through the glass :) As it's been pointed out it's slightly over-carbed but otherwise it's very enjoyable. I have a glass in front of my slowly warming up and it's exactly what I needed for a Monday!

Looking forward to trying the next next few!

Just quaffed Paulwolf's amber (#4) and its just so smooth and comfort-food with a nice residual bitterness. Noice. I didn't chill it too much which seems to have suited the style nicely, if it was on tap at a Pommy pub on handpump it wouldn't go astray.

Since I received a nice PM last night about my Beer I had in the swap from BribieG, I just wanted to see if any others have tried and yet? And what there thoughts were!! :unsure:

It has CB written on the cap... ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

More feedback:

#10 / Winkle: Wow, I love your UXB. I like my Belgian beers and this certainly didn't disappoint! Lovely aroma and divine flavour, this has certainly made it onto my "to brew" list! I wish it wasn't just one bottle!

#7 / CB: A nice ale to drink, slightly hoppier than many ESB's I'm used to but very nice at the same time. Carbonation and body was perfect. Seemed to be very little yeast / ester flavours compared with some Bitters I like but again was still a very nice beer. Went perfectly with dinner :)

#4 / Paulwolf350: A basic but drinkable ale. Seemed slightly "hot" alcohol wise, with low bitterness and low hop flavour. This is what most extract / kit beers are like for me, drinkable but missing some of that AG zing. This isn't a criticism of course as it's still well crafted and I'd still drink a keg of it! You're really going to love the jump to AG brewing, the difference in flavour is amazing.

Thanks guys, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the AG beers around my poor little extract, glad you enjoyed it. It may have been a little under carbed, it was my first foray into counterpressure bottle filling. I think it was more carbed in the keg anyway.

Put down my fist AG batch which is bubbling nicely, an English style ESB. This will be going into bottles so I can keep it. Need to get my mill finished now so I can throw down some more AG brews

Paul

Paul: Carbonation seemed fine for mine, maybe just slightly under. I'm new to bottling out of a keg also, I'm just using a picnic tap and the best results I've had is when I've chilled the bottles (not easy with so many!) and to overcarb the keg a bit. I've been given a proper counter-pressure filler to try out but won't pipe it in until I get the fridge kitted out properly. Hope your first AG turns out ok, it seems you've got the process well sorted with extract anyway so I'm sure it'll be a stunning brew.

Since I received a nice PM last night about my Beer I had in the swap from BribieG, I just wanted to see if any others have tried and yet? And what there thoughts were!! :unsure:

It has CB written on the cap... ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Sorry CB, had your one after trying Half-fix's "Whats that taste in my mouth?" All Ranga ale.
I think my taste buds went off line for a while and can't give you any decent feedback.
I'll get round to #4 and #2 today probably.

Some quick feedback on the next few case swap beers:

#2 - Sleeping pils - Cinnamon smell hits you right away, certainly a powerful spice. Unfortunately to my tastes it dominates the beer rather than compliments it and I found it too overpowering. Not sure if it'll smooth out in a few months time or not but I wasn't able to drink any more than a glass.
+1, drinking it now and while I can still drink the bottle it is really dominated by Cinnamon and not so much like beer, personally(sorry :ph34r: ) but its not for me.... More a Dessert.. :rolleyes:
Sorry CB, had your one after trying Half-fix's "Whats that taste in my mouth?" All Ranga ale.
I think my taste buds went off line for a while and can't give you any decent feedback.
Shit winkle, I wouldve really liked to have got your opinion on it but you had to ruin your tastebuds with the "All Ranga" :( ..
#7 / CB: A nice ale to drink, slightly hoppier than many ESB's I'm used to but very nice at the same time. Carbonation and body was perfect. Seemed to be very little yeast / ester flavours compared with some Bitters I like but again was still a very nice beer. Went perfectly with dinner
Cheers mate, I didnt really brew to style on that one but still enjoyed it, it was all USA hops in it and it had a hopping schedule like an american ale, only used 04 on it.....

CB

Bloody Bintari.

*******!

:p

#3. The flagon with the dragon is the brew that is true.

Scoffed it last night after work. A lovely malty finish. Nice one BribieG.

Campbell

Thanks Campbell, I've done an almost identical one for the BABBs big comp, only difference being that there's some Munich 1 instead of 2, it's got choc instead of Carared, and I've left out the super late addition of NZ cascade that IMHO tended to trample all over the Styrian Goldings. I'll get a bottle over to you me bonny wee laddie :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back