Qld Brewers Get Togethers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this hold the record for longest thread ever yet?

98% likelihood that I will be out of this one.

That weekend is the date for my trip to the Wig & Pen...

98% likelihood that I will be out of this one.

That weekend is the date for my trip to the Wig & Pen...

Loved my trip to the Wig & Pen, that's my wife's son leaning on the bar, a shinny bum in the public service.
Sorry for the hijack.

Hi, All,
just racked (again) my Duvel clone for the get together. It has gone from 1.072 to 1.004 so it looks like turning out around 9% Dropping this low I though it would be bereft (sp) of flavour though after taking a sip from the test jar I found it to have your typical Belgian flavours. I'll keep it racked for another week then filter and keg then gas a few days before the do. How are your brews going?

cheers

Browndog

I don't have a hope of doing an ALL-GRAIN in time...

I rushed a few things during the week and i'm finding myself having to re-do most of them...

Perhaps i should pull-out of the meet as i wont have anything to contribute. :(

I could bring my weber and do some of those smokey chicken legs i did for lunch at the xmas case swap for the boys on the night??

Best i can do beer wise is possibly a fresh wort kit..

sorry guys, i let the team down.. :unsure:

Sqyre....

Perhaps i should pull-out of the meet as i wont have anything to contribute.
That's rubbish Sqyre... Your company is more valued than any beer you could bring along. I'll hear no more talk like that. There will be heaps of beer there to consume. As for the smokey chicken legs, that is another matter. But we will sort that out a little later when we have definite numbers.

cheers

Browndog

I don't have a hope of doing an ALL-GRAIN in time...

I rushed a few things during the week and i'm finding myself having to re-do most of them...

Perhaps i should pull-out of the meet as i wont have anything to contribute. :(

I could bring my weber and do some of those smokey chicken legs i did for lunch at the xmas case swap for the boys on the night??

Best i can do beer wise is possibly a fresh wort kit..

sorry guys, i let the team down.. :unsure:

Sqyre....

Don't sweat it mate. I'll be bringing K&K as my liquid contribution. Later on in the evening no-one will notice the difference! :D

Sean

Don't stress Sqyre
Heaps of beer here mate,just bring yourself and what ever the tucker monitor says :p

Looking forward to a beer with you and the others on the 10th :beer:

Batz

Thanks guys.... :)

It just goes to show that anything made in haste...can be a waste..

but i'm confident i will have it sorted soon...

Let me know about the smokey chook...and if anyone has a spare weber we can do a decent batch on the night. :) 2 webers = about 8 kilos of smokey marinated legs. YUM. :super:

Sqyre..

Let me know about the smokey chook...and if anyone has a spare weber we can do a decent batch on the night. :) 2 webers = about 8 kilos of smokey marinated legs. YUM. :super:

Sqyre..

If you want to do that Sqyre I am sure it'll be ok,but only one batch mate,we have heaps of tucker coming.
I have a weber you can use.

Batz

Sqyre..

Brucie, a few weeks back I bought this smoker from an old bloke selling king browns near me. It is about 30" long by 18" wide and 24" high. It has 3 levels of racks in it. Sounds perfect for your chicken legs. Let me know if you want me to bring it.

cheers

Browndog

no-one will notice the difference!

Amazing what some brewers believe. I told Sean that when it came to his sister that I wouldn't kiss and tell.

Has everyone got their emails with the attached .jpg's?

Amazing what some brewers believe. I told Sean that when it came to his sister that I wouldn't kiss and tell.

Has everyone got their emails with the attached .jpg's?

G'dayBloke! Just checked my emails and I didn't have one from you - is it because I joked about AG & KK? :p Bugger.

I hope the pics aren't of my sister! :blink:

Hells Bells ! Pat :eek:

That's amazing stuff mate,not for the kids but! Perhaps warn people not to open the images in public.
Cheers for the email all the same.

Batz

Just reading a quite a few are bringing brews; being just a K&K without portable beer equip (no bottles, or portable kegs setup) I would be more than happy to bring some extra food if I can have find beers for the night. Maybe the "bring list" could be food and/or beer ?? just an idea. Looking forward to meeting you all...

QldKev

Batz: Just got an email from Sean and he wants the pics too :huh:

They ARE of my sister! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(Why am I so keen to see them? Must be the trip to Kin Kin coming up - getting into the spirit of things. When in Rome...) :p

Latest posts

Back