Qld Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bindi said:
There is a clear area down stairs to lay a sleeping bag stumbling distance from the bar :party: .
[post="127860"][/post]​

PERFECT :D

Hope I will be back by then,if so all I need enough floor space for my swag.

Batz

Santa's Off Season APA is now in the fermenter... albeit without mash hops <_<

Not sure if I pitched enough yeast :D

DCP02035.JPG

:blink: just enough, my last Belgian yeast looked like that, a Wyeast 3738 Trappist, crawled out the fermenter out of the ferm fridge and I am sure it was looking for the grain bins :( .

Ross said:
Still plenty of room left - we are supplying 1 x 750ml bottle to each other member, so still well under a single 23L batch.

Ross - Ruination APA
Sluggerdog -
Batz - Scottish 80/-
Browndog - Indian Pale Ale
Mothballs - Australian Pale Ale
Altstart - Zwiec Polish golden Pilsner
Hoops -
Jimmyjack - American Porter
Jye - Hopburst APA
nonicman -
Crazy - Czech pilsner (not a pale ale of any nationality)
ozbrewer -
brissybrew -
TidalPete - Greenoyster Dry Stout
Ben - Meekan Mild or AWB (Australian Wheat Bock - but I haven't tasted this yet so I have to confirm...)
PistolPatch - To be advised

Thanks for the invite browndog and great of you to host it bindi!

As for the beer I'll bring? Well as I've only done one AG, unless I come up with something different, I'll have to just steal Ross's Schwarzbier recipe but brew it with an ale yeast. This was what Ross and I did on the first AG and it's mighty tasty.

Doing the Schwarz again and also a hoppy 'lager' this weekend.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
PP

(And Altstart, thanks for the crush and the beers this arvo. Much appreciated and I'm looking forward to tasting the Pilsner! Hope it's as good as the beers we had today. :beer: )

Hey great to see you on the list there Pat, better get yourself some tallies and start brewing Mate! If there are any fans of a bit of chilli beef jerky with a beer, your in for a treat. I'll be bringing some of the best IMHO in SE QLD.

cheers

Browndog

browndog said:
If there are any fans of a bit of chilli beef jerky with a beer, your in for a treat. I'll be bringing some of the best IMHO in SE QLD.
cheers
Browndog
[post="129015"][/post]​

Browndog,

Wonderful! :super: That will compliment the chilli Stout that I am thinking of bringing. :beerbang: Batz lovvves it. :beerbang:

Don't let this frighten you off Pistol.

:beer:

Well, I'm looking forward to a session of that right now Pete :chug:

cheers

Browndog

Hey great to see you on the list there Pat, better get yourself some tallies and start brewing Mate! If there are any fans of a bit of chilli beef jerky with a beer, your in for a treat. I'll be bringing some of the best IMHO in SE QLD.

cheers

Browndog

Browndog
I just love chillies in anything.
:chug:
Cheers Altstart

Well, this chilli jerky is fantastic, I swear I was addicted to it for quite some time. I used to chew on it all night drinking copious amounts of beer at the same time. Fortunately married life has curtailed the jerky benders as it's not cheap ;)

cheers

Browndog

Ross - Ruination APA
Sluggerdog -
Batz - Scottish 80/-
Hoops -
Jye - Hopburst APA
nonicman -
ozbrewer -
brissybrew -
Ben - Meekan Mild or AWB (Australian Wheat Bock - but I haven't tasted this yet so I have to confirm...)

I am going to have to pull out of the case swap due to a new job I just got and time issues. I would still like to attend and would bring a keg instead.

Cheers, JJ :beerbang:

I am going to have to pull out of the case swap due to a new job I just got and time issues. I would still like to attend and would bring a keg instead.

Cheers, JJ :beerbang:

Hey JJ,

Just pour the bottles from your keg the night before...

cheers Ross

Still plenty of room left - we are supplying 1 x 750ml bottle to each other member, so still well under a single 23L batch.

Ross - Ruination APA
Sluggerdog -
Batz - Scottish 80/-
Hoops -
Jimmyjack - American Porter
Jye - Hopburst APA
nonicman -
ozbrewer -
brissybrew -
Screwtop - TBA

Thought I wouldn't be able to make this due to being out of brewing action for March and most of April. Shh, have four down sleeping at the moment, so count me in guys. That makes 17 bottles right. Will have to bottle from the keg due to time constraints, a little coaching required on this Ross, please. Last attempt I lost two bottles to foam filling 2 bottles, also would it be best to keg condition. Speedy replies please as the steam will be coming from the shed tomorrow to meet this commitment.

Beds available here 2K from Bindi's: 1xDouble in the house, 1 x Sofabed in the house, 2 x Single Beds in the C/van outside (there is a heater).

Cheers

Bump,

How come my replies dont bump to the top of the tread list with my username

Ok <_< I am in, talked into it, weighed the grains today and will mash on tuesday [going walkabout for 3 days with bottled beer and like minded people] :blink:
My swap will be an 'American Amber Ale'.

Excuse me for sounding dumb but how does it work...I just cant get my head around it. If everyone (17 people) is supplying 1 longneck thats 17 bottles wouldnt you just end up with 1 longneck of a someone elses beer? Confused!
Cheers
Steve

Excuse me for sounding dumb but how does it work...I just cant get my head around it. If everyone (17 people) is supplying 1 longneck thats 17 bottles wouldnt you just end up with 1 longneck of a someone elses beer? Confused!
Cheers
Steve

Steve, we each supply 17 bottles - ie 1 each for everyone - therefore you take home 1 each of everybody elses.... :chug:

cheers Ross

Oh yeah!!! Im an idiot!!! :lol:
Cheers
Steve

Back