Qabc 2011 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine yesterday, so they are out there.
Mind you it took Australia Post 2 weeks to deliver a local offer of a free hotel room the 5 km from where it was posted (by which time the offer was void <_< ).

Got them today.

Thanks to all concerned, judges, linesman, ballboys etc.

Got mine.

DSC_0656.jpg

Does the superglue come in a separate envelope? <_<

Bump: I see on another thread that the date for the Nats hasn't been decided yet.

I see BABBs is probably first week in July as usual - Any thoughts on when the QABC will be held, roughly?

I'm brewing my "maturing beers" right now so they'll take care of themselves, but a bit of a time frame would be welcome for planning the young-drinkin' entries. :)

Hi Bribie G,

The NATs will be held in Melbourne on Thursday 25 October, immediately before the ANHC.

State/Territory qualifying beers must be in by 13 October.

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

So, from BABBs members' point of view there will be a 3 month window to re-brew any beers that did well at BABBs and you think might do well in the Nats, IF they succeed at the QAHB comp. Last year (as

you can see from the earlier posts) the QABC "washup" ran smack bang into the Nats deadline so there was no chance to rebrew any beers that were criticised in the score sheets.

So it would be great for the QABC to be held, say, sometime in August. That would be a "sweet spot". Edit: and of course it's not just about BABBs, many of our best brewers such as AndrewQLD etc are country based and might welcome a gap between QABC and Nats.

As always, glad to put my hand up in whatever capacity I can help, also as a PUBS member, several clubs will be involved this year AFAIK. :beer:

So, from BABBs members' point of view there will be a 3 month window to re-brew any beers that did well at BABBs and you think might do well in the Nats, IF they succeed at the QAHB comp. Last year (as

you can see from the earlier posts) the QABC "washup" ran smack bang into the Nats deadline so there was no chance to rebrew any beers that were criticised in the score sheets.

So it would be great for the QABC to be held, say, sometime in August. That would be a "sweet spot". Edit: and of course it's not just about BABBs, many of our best brewers such as AndrewQLD etc are country based and might welcome a gap between QABC and Nats.

As always, glad to put my hand up in whatever capacity I can help, also as a PUBS member, several clubs will be involved this year AFAIK. :beer:

Why haven't you joined the Brisbane Brewing Club yet? :p
The more helpers the better :icon_cheers:

Why haven't you joined the Brisbane Brewing Club yet? :p
The more helpers the better :icon_cheers:

Don't they meet in a library with no drinking allowed? :blink: :blink:

A bit like taking a shower in a raincoat, I would have thought.

Don't they meet in a library with no drinking allowed? :blink: :blink:

A bit like taking a shower in a raincoat, I would have thought.

I got pissed at the one meeting that I went to.

I will be better organised this year and enter a few as well. Also put my hand up to help steward/judge depending on venue/transport.

Cheers

Sorry if this has been answered but I can't find the info.... are the entries to these comps to be submitted to Craftbrewer?

So far, yes. However venue / arrangements haven't been announced yet - but I expect CraftBrewer would kindly offer their premises again this year, even though Ross is no longer Brew Master at BABBs (who until this year have been responsible for running the QABC comp).

Whatever happens I'm sure CB will be a drop off point along with Brewers Choice stores around the suburbs.

Latest posts

Back