Qabc 2011 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I believe we had a problem with the post mate, you should have them soon.

Got the feedback in the post today. Some useful comments and excellent feedback. Thanks guys. And I must apologies to the guys judging my ESB - sorry for sending in a rotten one!

Got the feedback in the post today. Some useful comments and excellent feedback. Thanks guys. And I must apologies to the guys judging my ESB - sorry for sending in a rotten one!
At least you weren't like me and got 9 points for an ABA <_<

Got the feedback in the post today. Some useful comments and excellent feedback. Thanks guys.
Hear hear, mine showed up today as well, thanks very much QABC team. :beer:
I knew it was coming but still quite pleasing and informative to go through the individual scoresheets. Even though there were a few with faults evident, for them there was also valuable feedback regarding the positive aspects/ style tickers of each beer, regardless of the flaws. Sometimes, when a fault was evident (eg. diacetyl in a lager) in the past there was not much else other than negative comments. So, to the judges, well done and thank you. :icon_cheers:
My kitchen and bag can take a bow- five medals out of eight submitted and a second place (silver), not to mention there was even a neat prize for the latter. B)

At least you weren't like me and got 9 points for an ABA <_<
Yeah, a couple of surprises with mine too argon, eg. my FES was a gusher. Every other bottle I've opened (the whole batch was bottled) was lowly carbonated, plus I degassed them all (I know, an old- fashioned sticker for following the rules!). Apart from random bottle infection or a never- before- encountered bulk priming SNAFU how does that happen, I just don't know. :blink:

Yeah, a couple of surprises with mine too argon, eg. my FES was a gusher. Every other bottle I've opened (the whole batch was bottled) was lowly carbonated, plus I degassed them all (I know, an old- fashioned sticker for following the rules!). Apart from random bottle infection or a never- before- encountered bulk priming SNAFU how does that happen, I just don't know. :blink:

yeah my ESB was my lowest score with 15. Thought it was going to be up there as my highest. All other bottles tasted good, must have just been a bad bottle.

Who knows right?... i'm sure there must have been something up. The guys doing the judging are the most steadfast of character afterall ;) Hopefully the results are in the mailbox when i get home and i can see what's going on. Will bring some "Niner Brown" to BABBs for some gawd-awful sampling.

Will bring some "Niner Brown" to BABBs for some gawd-awful sampling.
Let's make the last BABBs meet of the year a truly memorable one! :p
I'm rather looking forward to some decent decocted lagers too! :icon_drool2:

Who knows right?... i'm sure there must have been something up. The guys doing the judging are the most steadfast of character afterall ;) Hopefully the results are in the mailbox when i get home and i can see what's going on. Will bring some "Niner Brown" to BABBs for some gawd-awful sampling.

Out of all the styles I've brewed for competitions American Brown Ales were the most inconsistant as far as the judging goes, one year the beer was too big, the next too hoppy, the next not hoppy enough, that is when I gave away entering them in comps. The style guide is very ambiguous on ABAs . Make sure I get to taste that Niner Brown mate.
-BD

Just got my results in the mail... Thanks to the judges and stewards and all involved...

There were some good comments in there... including from browndog, whose profession of love, I presume, must have come before sampling Liam's Belgian Dark Strong which topped mine. I'll still post the recipe for you ;-)

Edit: Here it is.. in the recipeDB

Just got my results in the mail... Thanks to the judges and stewards and all involved...

There were some good comments in there... including from browndog, whose profession of love, I presume, must have come before sampling Liam's Belgian Dark Strong which topped mine. I'll still post the recipe for you ;-)

You should have read what he wrote on Liam's :lol:

Thanks for that, yours was a fantastic beer, though I've got to say, strong pain killers and a dozen or so Belgians is baaaaaad mix.

Twas a great beer. Well done. And be glad you can't see the comments Liams got. ;)

The mail boat to Redcliffe must be a little slow this month.
Hopefully they'll be in my letter box tomorrow so I can study the judges comments and rebrew in time for the nationals. <_<

Don't worry Campbell, Australia post must be on a go-slow or something, I got mine yesterday.

cheers

Browndog

The mail boat to Redcliffe must be a little slow this month.

Mustn't grumble and all that but mine must be on the same boat! Petrie is upriver from Redcliffe so let me know when you get yours, then I can time their arrival on the high tide.

I'm almost hoping the AABC results come in before QABC.

Latest posts

Back