Pub For A 21st (melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
G'dat guys,

Organising my 21st and am looking for a place to hold it, I've had a look at the usual spots around melbourne (Terminus, JSBH, Terminus, Stolgate) but am wondering if there's anywhere else that does a function room, good beer (micro brew and alike) and party food. Wanting somewhere with ease of public transport, nothing to expensive and some megaswill beers on tap for the guest who will choose to drink it.

Cheers

Aaron

edit: spelling

well im sure a few places would do. I recon littlecreatures in brunswick might book the place out for you. or you could call sam at true south (blackrock).

the mountaingoat boys might do the same.

whatever you do dont have it at the james squire/portland hotel. its rubbish.

What about somewhere like bimbo's? they do mad pizza's and stock koois! though im not sure they would be keen to book a 21st....

Local taphouse. Just tell the Budvar is another name for VB/Carlton/Vomit. I'm sure they will be pleasantly suprised.

taphouse would be crazy for a 21st!

Goat do private functions. Nice and close to the Royston too.

Try Tonik in Kensington if it's not too far out of the way... I know I'm a little biased (worked there for about 4.5 years) but it does have a pretty damn good selection of beers - about 10-15 micro beers in bottles, and the three tap beers at the moment are Coopers Pale, LC Bright and Mountain Goat Steam.

Function Room is free, good selection of finger food and they usually look after you pretty well. PM me if you want more details - still good mates with the boss.

Bar20, Goldfingers, Mens Gallery or Spearmint Rhino :p

Rook

Marquis of Lorne in Fitzroy used to have a function room you could use. I have a feeling its not been turned into a rooftop beer garden. Check it out though, lovely pub, good food and a couple of decent beers on tap.

I'd go with The Local beer wise but the closest thing to Megaswill would be Budvar or James Squires. They don't exactly have a function room either.

What sort of numbers are we talking? Probably to meet all your requirements Mrs Parmas would be the best bet.

Big +1 on The Local Taphouse, had my 30th there last month

I'd go with The Local beer wise but the closest thing to Megaswill would be Budvar or James Squires. They don't exactly have a function room either.

What sort of numbers are we talking? Probably to meet all your requirements Mrs Parmas would be the best bet.

If all plans/licences are approved, we'll have an official function and deck later this year..

I'd love to have it at Parma's but they don't have a function room unfortunetly, plus for a 21st the beers are a bit pricey IMO.

Aaron

Back