Privatise Australia Post?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
I think it may have escaped your notice that we live in a democracy, not under an authoritarian regime.
Democracy/Abbot............ the words dont match.

Unions are a necessary evil, both in the mind's of the the worker and the employer. The Unions have the ability to broker an agreement between the average worker and the employer. Having been thru worker agreements, it was the union who had the ability to broker an agreement. And it was the the employer that acually came up with a lot of concessions. And strangely, it was what the employerj wanted was more beneficial to the workers.......to continually blame unions is a false. It takes 2 to tango.

bradsbrew said:
What about the subby that has done the figures and can employ multiple tradies and meet current award rates for their employees but the subby and their employees can't enter the job site because they are not union members. It's a democratic country lets keep employment on construction sites the same hey?
If your done the figures, you would have accounted for a closed shop? yes?

Darren Hayes said:
If your done the figures, you would have accounted for a closed shop? yes?
Exactly, why in a democratic country should i have to pay the pay to get a contract if i am meeting all award agreements?

A good learning curve for you Darren would be to attempt to run a business of your own and not hide behind a union petticoat which is obviously doing a good job of brainwashing you.

because you and abbott will undermine workers rights, you will contract out your services at the expense of your workers for your profit, you will agree with turning back boats but turn a blind eye to the increase of 457 workers, you will agree an attack on bikies is warranted yet it is an attack on unions.
Haysie

wide eyed and legless said:
A good learning curve for you Darren would be to attempt to run a business of your own and not hide behind a union petticoat which is obviously doing a good job of brainwashing you.
Dont start, i dont know you. you dont me. Dont get personal please

MHB said:
I get it
the letter part isn't profitable, the parcel service earns a motza
lets sell Australia Post then invest the money in a great NBN so more people can shop on line meaning more parcels...
fork that's right we dont need an NBN according to the government that wants to sell the Post
maybe I don't get it after all

Mark
I have the full fibreoptic NBN straight to my WiFi. It even has battery backup so I still get it if the power ever goes out.

Its awesome biatches :super:

+1 +1 +1

I am long retired but to those of you who scorn, degenerate, piss on unions & do not contribute to union funds then just pause & think for a moment ----- Who is going to look after your working conditions if not your union?
EVERYBODY is in a union be that it is called by another name. Just think collective survival here: Doctors, accountants, farmers, employers, they all have their "Union" call it what you want?

If all those of you who are think that unions are the end of the world then have the guts to tell your employer that you will happily do without EVERY benefit that has been painfully gained for you by your union in a long & bitter battle over many, many years.

Good luck to your working conditions when you do. :lol:
Bumping this for the dickheads. :lol: :lol:

Darren Hayes said:
because you and abbott will undermine workers rights, you will contract out your services at the expense of your workers for your profit As stated I would meet all modern award agreements( Modern awards = Rudd gov) and yes as a business owner i would like to make a profit from my employees- I have a family that cant eat charity., you will agree with turning back boats but turn a blind eye to the increase of 457 workers,No I totally disagree with 457 visa's to fill skill shortages, I prefer training in those skills, how much money do the unions contribute to training newbies in usable skills, really ? you will agree an attack on bikies is warranted yet it is an attack on unions. No its not an attack on unions, it is a lawful fulfillment of duties by police on members of society that stand over and bully the average citizen that works and pays taxes

I must say I feel sorry for those who have gone through their working life without achieving recognition from their employer on their own ability to do a job they are paid for, and doing it well.
A good employer will always give more benefits than that which a union can give to a model employee.

I must say I feel sorry for those who have gone through their working life without achieving recognition from their employer on their own ability to do a job they are paid for, and doing it well.
A good employer will always give more benefits than that which a union can give to a model employee.
FKT I'm gone from this thread.
Why should I be worried about my grandchildren's future when it's already been decided by a few dickheads on AHB & I'll be long gone anyway.

PFFT B)

TidalPete said:
FKT I'm gone from this thread.
Why should I be worried about my grandchildren's future when it's already been decided by a few dickheads on AHB & I'll be long gone anyway.

PFFT B)
Pete, if your worried about your grandchildren's future, speak to your children - they are the biggest influence,. No need to blame AHB or society mate.

I don't understand how staunchly conservative right-wingers can't differentiate between good and bad debt.

I always wondered if we could spend the bazillion $ needed for high speed rail between capital cities, would postage become more affordable?
The whole population spread in Australia makes it costly to move stuff around like America and Europe can.

The capacity to load high speed trains up is far greater than aircraft and would be far quicker and cheaper than road once you get a heap of business people taking the train so they can work while they cruise around 300K's an hour with WiFi.

Qantas trains? The unions can build it with the Holden, ford and spc workers - or work for the dole people.
Wait i'm not sure I want to be rolling over rail @ 300ks that those people put together.

Pete, if your worried about your grandchildren's future, speak to your children - they are the biggest influence,. No need to blame AHB or society mate.
Brad,

This is absolutely my last post here but can't help but wonder that IF you have trade qualifications as you must have to do what you do in your job then WITBH would you forget your roots & pander to the employer side of things?
It's all a big mystery to me.

Darren Hayes said:
Democracy/Abbot............ the words dont match.
I didn't vote for Lparty he leads.....I also didn't vote for the other Lparty that makes up our fabulous political dichotomy.....but I'm yet to see where he's denying the right we, The Great Unwashed Half-Cut on a Sunday Night Mass, to kick out that particular mob in 3 years?

TidalPete said:
Brad,

This is absolutely my last post here but can't help but wonder that IF you have trade qualifications as you must have to do what you do in your job then WITBH would you forget your roots & pander to the employer side of things?
I'd wager he's become one. I haven't, but am responsible for trying to make a profit on large contracts in the construction game (when I'm not doing my part time job.....getting paid to brew beer :wub: ) and can see his side, You're looking at things in a very simplistic black and white, us vs them way that needs to be gotten rid of in the workplace. I tell all the young kids who come to work with me that if you want to earn more money.......make your boss more money......a lot don't understand. Which is funny, as for the most part they're (unknowingly) far more ardent capitalists than I'll ever be.

TidalPete said:
Brad,

Yep Pete, I am a tradie, have taught my trade and now manage the training op's. I have spent time as an apprentice, a tradie on wages, a tradie on PPS, a tradie on sub contract rates, a sub contractor, a contractor, an employer and a business owner. Have never needed a union or industry body to rely on. Guess my work sold it self and I was smart enough not to need someone to voice my needs. Someone say gen Y, how about .........

Latest posts

Back