Potential Extract ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashin

Reaction score
Has anyone got the potential extract values for:

-Aromatic Malt - Dingimans
-Darl Wheat Malt - Weyermanns

Just put down a Dunkelweisbier and landed an 88% efficiency into the fermenter, I usually get 82-84%, so far i've used 1.037 & 1.039 respectfully.

Cheers in advance

Smashin :lol:

Nice MHB, exactly the data sheet i was after. 87% stiill very happy, frustratingly is the repeatability factor next brew day will tell i spose. THis was with new bags of grain so the reason could date back to the changes in my brew process to how far back??

Interesting to see what i get next brew day....

over volume over SG no complaints i spose.

Cheers again

Smashin :D

Or from the COA's (they use % yield) which might be a lot easier.
View attachment 38034View attachment 38035
MHB

You're entirely welcome; I collect the suckers and have them for every malt in stock wish more people asked for them. If you want any more just put your hand up, more than happy to forward them.

If that 87% is a brewhouse yield (i.e. into the fermenter) its more than just respectable it's outstanding, I bump along at about 80%, knowing I could push a bit harder but it starts to show around 82-3% and the beer quality starts to suffer over about 84-5%. Different systems, I'm in love with my fully PID controlled 50 L machine and won't be going back to a 3V just for a couple of points.

Big ups.

Mark

Yep into fermenter, i normally hit 82-84 as stated above, and usually fairly consistant, hence a bit struck at todays brew %. Nothing out of the ordinary today except new bags of malt. My system is just a 3v gravity system, ~1hr sparge unless its a wheat beer then i accept a 2hrs sparge (i im in no rush).

Thanks for the offer for data sheets, i collect them also when i buy bags, i didn't organise this buy so didnt get them this time. final runnigns were still @ 1.010 and being ~40% wheat i don't expct too much degrdation of the brew from tannins.

Thanks again and happy brewing.

Smashin :D

You're entirely welcome; I collect the suckers and have them for every malt in stock wish more people asked for them. If you want any more just put your hand up, more than happy to forward them.

If that 87% is a brewhouse yield (i.e. into the fermenter) its more than just respectable it's outstanding, I bump along at about 80%, knowing I could push a bit harder but it starts to show around 82-3% and the beer quality starts to suffer over about 84-5%. Different systems, I'm in love with my fully PID controlled 50 L machine and won't be going back to a 3V just for a couple of points.

Big ups.

Mark

Latest posts

Back