• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Possibly Selling My Ag Setup :(

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
All gone, sold, needed the money...badly!

Hoping to get new kit together in a few months.

PZ.

Shame mate, always bad to hear that someone's giving away a hobby they love.

Best of luck.

Cheers

What sort of money are you talking about?

I simply don't have the time anymore...as my kid gets older he's requiring more and more of my time...once he gets even older, maybe then I can get back into it.

But, for now it's time to temporarily quit AG :(

What I have isn't very complicated or special-looking, but it makes great beer.

Here's what I've got:

50L SS Kettle with ball valve, barbed hose fitting & lid,
2300W HotCo Immersion element,
Insulated pail-type Mash tun with SS false bottom,
MashMaster SS bi-metal thermometer,
5x Cleaned & sanitised food grade no-chilling cubes,
Various lengths of silicon hose,
Hop Sock,
Big pot for use as HLT (element or stove-top use) (20-30L?),
A couple of smaller pots (10-15L?) for "just-in-case" sparge water heating.

This is all you need to make some great AG beer.

If I do sell it, I'll also include 5kg of cracked JW Pilsener Malt, 500g cracked Maltcraft Light Crystal, some Whirlfloc tablets and your choice of hops from my varied stocks to get you brewing that first AG in no time :)
So, yeah...I'm not sure if I really do want to sell...just want to gauge any possible interest out there first.

BTW, I'm in Canberra.

PZ.

Shame mate, always bad to hear that someone's giving away a hobby they love.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Yeah, it's a shame, but hey...extracts will keep me going...still better than VB :lol:

PZ.

Yeah, suppose it's not giving it away completely. Might just be like going back to a Datsun 120y after driving a Ferrari for the last few years :ph34r:

****Flame suit on****

Cheers

Don't sell your gear man. :eek: Once it's gone, it's gone for good. And when you want to get back into it you will have to start from scratch. Just stack it away in a corner of the shed and throw a tarp over it. Who knows, one day your boy will want to know what beer tastes like and you will be able to show him how to make decent beer. B)

What sort of money are you talking about?

That was exactly what I was asking, what people were willing to pay for it.

I'm not selling to make big $...I mean the mash tun was given to me...just hoping to recoup a small amount of what I put in...I'm very reasonable and never ask too much for things...just want a few bucks to make me feel better about loosing it all ;)

PZ.

Don't sell your gear man. :eek: Once it's gone, it's gone for good. And when you want to get back into it you will have to start from scratch. Just stack it away in a corner of the shed and throw a tarp over it. Who knows, one day your boy will want to know what beer tastes like and you will be able to show him how to make decent beer. B)

Good pint man, but I'm having trouble finding storage space for it already...plus I've got a couple of spare vessels under the house if I ever need a kettle again ;)

DON'T DO IT.....you will regret it. Just find storage..... im sure you can find space somewhere. Atleast then you can do a brew when you DO have time and when you go to get back into it you will have all your gear and know your system.

Pok

Good pint man, but I'm having trouble finding storage space for it already...plus I've got a couple of spare vessels under the house if I ever need a kettle again ;)

Have you thought about lending it to someone near bye who could make use of it, with the understanding that you would like it back one day :( I mean the money is always handy but if its not a fortune just loan it, the Ag gear that is.

BYB

We can rebuild him. And this time we can rebuild him faster & stRONGER........WE CAN REBUILD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be right FB. You have the knowledge now, and you won't forget it. When you stick some kit together next time it gives you the opportunity to make it better and put all your clever ideas into practice. And I dare say that your mates won't let you forget the taste of a good AG brew anyhow. :) :beer:

In order of posting:

a: Loaning it out might be an idea.

b: Sorry man, but I'm not parting it out...it either stays with me or goes as a lot.

c: Indeed, I can build another (better) system when I want to. (mind you, I keep peering over my shoulder at it and wondering if this is maybe the wrong thing to do :lol: )

PZ.

oh, and my mates like my AG brews too much...6 hours of brewing (plus weeks of fermenting, etc) down the hatch in a number of hours...:lol:

Simple answer, teach your kid how to make beer. Then teach them how to pour beer. :p

Your an awesome daddio.
BUT, giving up AG???!!!
ok, so you are having a break from it... permitted.
Lend it to a dear friend with a lease on it.
Say, a few bottles a month :p, until you find time an place.

I understand your predicament, though.
I 've got 3 young boys and working shift work and trying to brew ag is a PITA to find time for.

ps. Don't forget about us

Yeah bloke. Don't do it.

I know how hard it is to find time... I've got a 2 year old, i work shifts, my wife works opposite shifts to me so we look after our son vs putting him in childcare. It's hard to find time to do a batch... But do a double batch when you can, boost your stocks with the odd extract batch... just don't give your gear up!!!!!! for the love of god!!!

I simply don't have the time anymore...as my kid gets older he's requiring more and more of my time...once he gets even older, maybe then I can get back into it.

But, for now it's time to temporarily quit AG :(

What I have isn't very complicated or special-looking, but it makes great beer.

Here's what I've got:

50L SS Kettle with ball valve, barbed hose fitting & lid,
2300W HotCo Immersion element,
Insulated pail-type Mash tun with SS false bottom,
MashMaster SS bi-metal thermometer,
5x Cleaned & sanitised food grade no-chilling cubes,
Various lengths of silicon hose,
Hop Sock,
Big pot for use as HLT (element or stove-top use) (20-30L?),
A couple of smaller pots (10-15L?) for "just-in-case" extra sparge water heating.

This is all you need to make some great AG beer.

If I do sell it, I'll also include 5kg of cracked JW Pilsener Malt, 500g cracked Maltcraft Light Crystal, some Whirlfloc tablets and your choice of hops from my varied stocks to get you brewing that first AG in no time :)
So, yeah...I'm not sure if I really do want to sell...just want to gauge any possible interest out there first.

BTW, I'm in Canberra.

PZ.

Rent it out at a nominal rate .

Always yours

They store it for you .

Pumpy :)

:( Blake.....DONT SELL IT MAN! Keep it. Just pack it away until you get the urge again......god damn it, i'll even store it for you. Im moving to a new house and theres plenty of room under the house. I promise not to unpack anything ;)
Cheers
Steve

Same situation here. I also have a pretty big building project that is still not finished so my weekends are out.

However brewing it does not have to occupy half a day over the weekend. I put down a brew during the week on a night that my wife is watching that stupid dancing show. She would rather me gone rather than endure all of my unsolicited comments anyway. As for the kids, well they are in bed.

Re-organise and reschedule.

Latest posts

Back