Poll: Culture Vault - What size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size Vials do you use to freeze yeast

• 15ml

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - will state in topic

• I know nothing about freezing Yeast

• Total voters
malt junkie said:
Best to leave Aussie vernacular out of it, just sayin blue balls ain't a good thing!
Lovers nuts ?

OK, long overdue post..

Progress is this.. I think there are many sorts of enclosures available for far less than I can produce one... but the concept lives..

The whole idea of this is the griddage system where they all 'fit' into a storage container...

so my focus has been fro a little while on how best to make this so its adaptabe to a lot of container variation and I think Ive settled on the right medium (thank to input from a sient, as yet, design partner) to make it work..

completely adaptable grid system for the container of your choice..

for perspective, I saw an "underbed" tub today at bunnings for $10 which would hold 100 vials easy.. but not just freestanding.. If this design was done? I could easily set it up in less that 5 minutes and have vial space for aeons.. well.. maybe not me, I might need 2..

Edit: the upshot here is that the whole thing just got a shitload cheaper...

Cheaper is good, need to trade off number of vials v storage space required. I already get grief for the number of white goods in the house so need to use our main freezer for yeast storage.

1f09c5b9-4986-463d-a481-29c26a003e03.jpg

Almost.

@Yob (ooh, this atting thing does work), did you ever find a frost free solution - specifically something to container the vial holder? DAS and couldn't find the final solution.

@Lord Raja Goomba I

what I first did was gaffa tape a whole bunch of polystyrene sheet (thin) inside and out of a clip lock container.

The vaults that I made I tooled about with a glycerine solution and seemed to work well enough, I never tested how long it maintained temps though but should be enough to buffer against rapid swings.

Latest posts

Back