Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, it is not just the prime minister we are voting for. We are also voting for the Senate. The senate has the power to veto any decision made by the PM and the party in control of the House of Representatives. A lot of people are getting uptight about Abbott becoming PM but if he has a hostile Senate his powers will be markedly reduced.
If, however, he has full control of BOTH houses.......

Moral of the story: take your Senate vote seriously (ie: not drawing a big dick on it and putting a 1 next to it. Save that for the H of R ballot).

Hahaha

a5Kr0yx.jpg

George Pell's probably under the desk

manticle said:
Anybody familiar with the Australian independents?
I reckon Oakshott and Windsor have seen to it that, like the Greens, Independents are an endangered species.

pcmfisher said:
I reckon Oakshott and Windsor have seen to it that, like the Greens, Independents are an endangered species.

It's a party called Australian Independents as opposed to any specific independents. Odd name for a party as mentioned above but their philosophies ssem less in keeping with being arseholes than the two majors.

Well, young people in France, as the few I know tell me, cannot even afford to rent an apartment without a parent or someone guaranteeing it. Getting a job is hard enough.

Now, say what you would a out the 'wasteful' labor, your average joe not too bright is still working at maccas. Probably not as happy as he used to, but he's not quite lost a job. People are still drinking piss and driving holdens/fords and whatever else.
For a country that has been dependant on its mining income and lost a lot of industry that could keep masses employed in the industrial sector we have done rather well. If we're in debt, that kind of means someone deems our economy capable of repaying.

manticle said:
It's a party called Australian Independents as opposed to any specific independents. Odd name for a party as mentioned above but their philosophies ssem less in keeping with being arseholes than the two majors.

Oh, those Australian Independents. I probably should have known because when I googled them I found I had already looked at their site. :blink:

At a quick glance I can't see who their preferences go to. Greens maybe???

From what I understand they don't have any set policies or preference deals, and are autonomous within the vague guidelines which are on their website (they call them policies).

Yeah. Heaven forbid Tony actually told us what he was going to do, then people might not want to vote for him. He's still just telling us how bad the other guys are doing and how bad their policies are, not what he's actually planning. He keeps telling us it's action, action, action, in all his adds. His 12 point contract tells me zero. Would also love to know which of these vague statements are core and non core promises.
Still it'll be good for Gina and her mates when he's in power just terrible for the rest of us.

Bridges said:
Still it'll be good for Gina and her mates when he's in power just terrible for the rest of us.
Yeah, cos Eddie Obeid was only an illusion...

I don't like Gina but fail to see what impact she will have on our lives.

Latest posts

Back