Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish Abbott would release his economic policy....he obviously has something to hide...or at least he knows that what he proposed to do will be deeply unpopular. He is treating the voters as idiots by not releasing his policy. Its not a bad thing for the voters to ask for it and be given time to digest. He knows full well that if he realeses it at the very last minute it cant be covered or commented in the media due to the blackout. He is basically giving the finger to the voting public.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I just wish Abbott would release his economic policy....he obviously has something to hide...or at least he knows that what he proposed to do will be deeply unpopular. He is treating the voters as idiots by not releasing his policy. Its not a bad thing for the voters to ask for it and be given time to digest. He knows full well that if he realeses it at the very last minute it cant be covered or commented in the media due to the blackout. He is basically giving the finger to the voting public.
You guy's make me laugh, you are so caught up in Labor's "Abbot is the devil" campaign.

browndog said:
You guy's make me laugh, you are so caught up in Labor's "Abbot is the devil" campaign.
Sorry Tony but you are wrong.....I want to know both sides...sure they are playing each other off, but why wont the liberal party release their policy...is a very simple question

So our kids have school halls, that's great, I have kids of school age.

browndog said:
Wow, even I could run a government that just kept borrowing to keep it's people happy. Ever heard of Greece?
We are not even remotely close to Greece. All governments borrow. Have you looked at what we owe compared to what we earn.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Sorry Tony but you are wrong.....I want to know both sides...sure they are playing each other off, but why wont the liberal party release their policy...is a very simple question
Sorry Stu, but you are wrong and there is 27 pages of evidence.

Ducatiboy stu said:
We are not even remotely close to Greece. All governments borrow. Have you looked at what we owe compared to what we earn.
I never said we were. But if our government keeps on borrowing and borrowing and borrowing....... we will be,

browndog said:
So our kids have school halls, that's great, I have kids of school age.
Has nothing to do with why the liberals wont realese their policy costings....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Has nothing to do with why the liberals wont realese their policy costings....
That was in reference to Liam's link about a Wanker that runs a bank and earns 9mil a year telling the peons we don't owe enough...

Wanker with a capital W, that's big. Better give him a call, browndog from Ipswich needs to give him an economics lesson.

Nah I was just being a tosser. Enough of that, we're all screwed anyway.

Look who's hosting RAGE tonight:

"Australia’s most prominent 2ICs: Deputy Prime Minister Anthony “Albo” Albanese, the Deputy Leader of the Opposition Julie Bishop and Dr Adam Bandt, the Deputy Leader of the Greens will be hosting rage in an Election Special.

In a rage first, sitting Members of Parliament will guest program the show offering a rare insight into politicians and their relationship with music.

Each of the deputies picked 20 of their favourite songs, and share tales about hearing them for the first time, live gigs, run-ins with musicians and dancing around their living room.

Which deputy had a song dedication from Bono at a U2 concert? Who’s the PJ Harvey fan? And which pollie has a penchant for French house music?

Even if you’re indifferent to the personalities who shape our nation, there’s a playlist full of fantastic music from rock ‘n’ roll to 80s new wave, grunge, pop and of course a healthy smattering of Aussie artists.

Who knows? Maybe this will swing a vote or two!
more about this guest/special"

So which pollie would be playing what? Best I can think of:

Gordon Nuttal - Dirty Deeds.

There's an older Aussie/German fella that I have a beer and yak with at the local pub occasionally,he migrated here in the 60's from Leipzig in what was East Germany.He once made the truest statement I've heard about pollies ever...'I lived under the Nazis,then I lived under the Communists,then I came to Australia and live under democracy. I've learnt one thing..ALL BLOODY POLITICIANS ARE THE SAME !. :chug:

Cartoon in todays paper...

"Number candidates in order from least to most disapointing"

Back