Plastic Electric Boilers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im using a couple of those containers as fermenters had no problem with the chlorine its highly soluble and rinsed out okay make intersting fermenters with that cap on lid as well as the screw top regards

I'm letting mine sit for a few days with a bicarb soda solution - apparently that's the go for absorbing any badness from the plastic. I'm going to drill a hole for an airlock, and I'll need to put in an o-ring or vaseline in the lid because it doesn't look airtight as-is.

It's a pity they're not translucent, otherwise they'd be perfect.

Som inspiration
imgT727.jpg

taken from Art of Brewing

And some accesories
eq078.jpg
from HopShop

More reading about Bruheat here, here and here

Kind regards
Flemming

Im using a couple of those containers as fermenters had no problem with the chlorine its highly soluble and rinsed out okay make intersting fermenters with that cap on lid as well as the screw top regards

I'm letting mine sit for a few days with a bicarb soda solution - apparently that's the go for absorbing any badness from the plastic. I'm going to drill a hole for an airlock, and I'll need to put in an o-ring or vaseline in the lid because it doesn't look airtight as-is.

It's a pity they're not translucent, otherwise they'd be perfect.

One update on this - I just racked into my chlorine bucket and it's not airtight, despite liberal application of petroleum jelly to the lid track. I'll paste more in, but I reckon the longer-term solution would be injecting a bunch of silicon into the track to form a permanent o-ring.

Len..
I am not using for fermenter..boiler...
To make a seal...Use Sikkaflex..Line seal part of lid with Glad wrap..run a ring of Sikkaflex around..Glad wrap on top of that...Put lid on ..To make seal..Allow to dry remove glad wrap and u shoul have seal...
I have repaired rubbers and made rubbers like that on my old 37 Ford i
am repairing...
Did you read"cd's old electric boiler" site..?
PJ

Latest posts

Back