Plastic Conical Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are any units available for sale in NZ?

Hey IsonAd, there will be units available in NZ around the same time as we release in Aus. We are about 4-6 weeks away from release, and I will get updated images up soon as we've changed some details from the first run. If you are on the NZ forums there is a thread there too. Cheers

Hi all, first of the new off-tool parts. Ill post some pics of the assembled units tonight too, should have all bits ready for dispatch in August, will let you know who our Australian distributors will be once we are confirmed.

Cheers

new moulds.JPG

Sorry StalkingWilbur, I missed this post somehow. We have confirmed pricing in now and the 30L unit will be available in NZ for $350 RRP, the 60L unit will be $420RRP. If we can get Aussie distributors on board who are prepared to buy in reasonable numbers we should be able to achieve this price in Aus ($330AUD and $395AUD respectively). I am in talks with a couple of distributors at the moment, so fingers crossed we can get them there economically.

Ive also attached a render of what the final product will look like now, which I should have put up a while ago... anyway 1'2" takeoff and 1" dump valve, both in Stainless, as are the bulkheads the valves are mated to. The legs, lid and latches are also in Stainless.

Cheers for the enquiry

Nick

Final Render 1.JPG

This is of no help to you lot across the ditch, but hell its interesting if nothing else.. we have shipped out to a bunch of local retailers here in NZ, but still looking for distribution in Aus (admittedly this has been down in the noise of things over the last few weeks). Check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MaltMechanics . Pretty stoked with how the final products have turned out, be great to hear your thoughts. We also sponsored the Castle Hill home brew comp earlier in the year, so Danny will be getting his posted this week finally too! Cheers

shaunous said:
A couple! You've obviously never been the Sydney, Gold Coast or any mine anywhere in OZ :huh:
What about all the bloody poms! We're all over the place. We sent all you bastards over here as punishment and now we're coming over in droves.

Flash_DG said:
These would have been great if only they were considerably cheaper than the SS Brew buckets.
That is my thoughts ascwell flash, i would have thought the plastic conicals would be redundant now c onsidering the price SS ones out now

Id have to partially agree with you guys, we kinda got snookered by the SS brewtech gear, and we had already well and truly committed to the project by the time they came out. That said the brew bucket isnt a true conical, so its not really comparing apples with apples (harvesting yeast). And our 60L is a good $300 NZD cheaper than the SS brewtech 50L, so for those who still dont want to stump that sort of coin we still offer a competitive alternative. The comparison was inevitable, and that will likely be our biggest barrier. Thanks for your comments fellas

Latest posts

Back