Pilsener - Liquid Wort Kit - Fg 1012?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainbrewer

Reaction score
Five weeks ago I put my first liquid wort kit down. It was a Brewers Selection - St Peters Brewery kit - PILSENER.

I added 5 litres of water to the 15 litres of wort bringing it up to 20 litres total.

I added the yeast (Saflager) and have had it brewing at between 13 to 16 degrees (no heater). OG around 1050.

Activity in the airlock commenced within 6 hours, ceased within a few days and continues to brew.

Checked gravity after three weeks (two weeks ago) and it was 1012, checked again today still 1012 with very little activity around the hydrometer, only a few bubbles.

Is it fine to keg or should I wait longer. After two readings two weeks apart and no change I am not sure what is the best way to move on.

Cheers

Captain

yeah definitely ok to keg it, the FG has stayed the same for 2 weeks, i usually wait 4-5 days with teh same FG. a full malt beer won't ferment down to 1.004-1.008 like a traditional kit and kilo. my last 2 partial brews have finished at 1.014-1.015

Latest posts

Back