Photobucket Ransomware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
If you used Photobucket to store your photos and put up images on this and other forums by using an IMG tag, then your photos will disappear as they no longer allow third party hosting unless you pay through the nose.

As a Photobucket user you will have received this ransom ($400 per year) demand.

photobucket ransom.jpg

I haven't done the IMG thing for a few years but no doubt there will be a few broken links on AHB.

Kernts.

Gota pay for photobucket somehow

Its like music....the band needs to be payed

Fair enough but apparently the suckers who have been paying for years to get a few extra GB are also having their pictures locked up.

Personally I don't subscribe to CIA NSA Trumpbook and I always just upload the file directly to forums. Point of the post is to alert that there could be a number of broken links on the forum.

Ahh I've felt this before. So now a heap of photos I posted here in good will, will now disappear. When they say you put it on the internet then its there for life. Bullshit. I've depended on that digital footprint that is now gone as a digital footprint and a proof of date of creation. Proof is copyright laws in Aus too etc.

Its not unexpected though but disappointing.
I took the free ride with photobucket for maybe 10 years I think. Lately it is very hard to use. Its like its trying to drag in the pennies any way possible and that's the crunch that's almost made it unusable.
Maybe I should have payed something to them, or not and move on but its a pain to re ad and create a new page/archive that only gets the current date (digital footprint etc) what you've already done years ago.
Sucks!

Last edited:
A good alt is Imgur. Free for now, and much easier to use than Photobucket. Photobucket has been throwing pop-ups and limiting upload speed for non-paying accounts for years, so I abandoned my account a few years ago. I noted that the few old images I still use that are hosed on my old account still work. I think you get hit with the 'upgrade' when you log in.

Did you click on it? In the other thread..
It opens the picture for me and below is all the pics etc.

Latest posts

Back