Ph meter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said earlier, the sub $10 meters with 3 point calibration and 0.01pH resolution and claimed +/- 0.01pH accuracy are much, much better than strips. They are also an order of magnitude better than the ones with screwdriver based calibration at pretty much the same price point.

I have this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pro...-Measurement-Range-Automatic/32838415541.html

Used it twice and so far no issues. Calibration has not drifted in the 3 days between uses.

As I said earlier, the sub $10 meters with 3 point calibration and 0.01pH resolution and claimed +/- 0.01pH accuracy are much, much better than strips. They are also an order of magnitude better than the ones with screwdriver based calibration at pretty much the same price point.

I have this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pro...-Measurement-Range-Automatic/32838415541.html

Used it twice and so far no issues. Calibration has not drifted in the 3 days between uses.

For that price I'm willing to gamble on one, did you buy extra buffer solution at the same time?

The buffer is reusable. Store each colour in a sterile jar and if you rinse your PH meter with distilled water before testing each buffer then you shouldn't effect their PH. I've used the same solutions for years with no calibration issues. FWIW

Each sachet of the buffer makes 250ml. I keep the buffer stored in tightly sealed containers in a dark place. When required, I pour a small amount (10ml) into a separate container, calibrate, then discard the used buffer. The supplied buffers are likely to be sufficient for at least a year.

The buffer is reusable. Store each colour in a sterile jar and if you rinse your PH meter with distilled water before testing each buffer then you shouldn't effect their PH. I've used the same solutions for years with no calibration issues. FWIW

That's probably OK with a meter that reads to 0.1 but it is definitely not OK for higher precision.

Aways store the bulk buffers under refrigeration. Maintain a working buffer which is filled from the bulk but never returned. The working buffer can be refrigerated but if so it must be brought to around 20 degrees before calibration: I just leave mine on the lab bench next to the pH meter. Replace the working buffer at least every month (in a certified lab they are replaced every day). Replace the bulk buffers before their use by dates.

Rinse and dab dry (never wipe) the probe before and between calibration steps. Check pH 7 first, then pH 4. Depending on the meter, pH 7 will likely drift as it is the zero value; pH 4 is the slope and should rarely need adjustment: if it needs frequent adjustment there is something wrong with the probe (or the meter). If used in wort the likely problem is protein clogging the glass or the frit, soaking the electrode in pineapple juice is often very effective at fixing this (must be fresh, not tinned).

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone have any feedback on KegLands ph meter. It looks the goods and storage solution and replacement probes are a resealable price.

I have got the Hanna run of the mill, $200 or there abouts when the electrode died I bought a similar looking one on Aliexpress (linked in an earlier post) both work the same.
Electrode storage solution about $8 for a large bottle about the same for the buffer solutions purchased from a hydroponic shop.

Latest posts

Back