Peter Brock Rip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard it on the radio.

2 influencial aussies gone in a week :(

what a week. two iconic australians gone. both doing what they loved though....

I would include Colin Thiele in that, to make it 3

"The King(of the mountain)is dead.Long live the King!"

Thanks for all the entertainment "Peter Perfect"

Yeah, just confirmed by WA police, crashed a 5.7L V8 Chevy Daytona into a tree :(

I'm not a huge racing fan but definitely a great Australian sporting hero, he will be missed.

Edit: Link

Holy crap. Could the week get any worse.

That's it. I'm outta here and heading home for a few ales.

Doc

RIP, Steve and Brocky.

Holy crap another iconic aussie gone.... i shall raise a few glasses of brew in honour of brocky tonight. It is good that he passed doing something he loved though.

Rest in peace mate, im sure there is many more races to be run on the other side.

Bugger. If it's true then that's a sad bit of news.

Just reinforces the fact that you never know when your gonna go.

So maybe we better all drink our stocks of beer this weekend cause who knows if we'll be here on Monday to finish em.

I met him once, a very polite and nice man. I also enjoyed his interview the other week on Talking Heads. Plus all the times I have watched him race....

He died doing what he loved and I guess that's the only consolation.

Vale - Peter Geoffrey Brock, February 26, 1945 - September 8, 2006

crazy stuff,
my mother is good friends with Bev (his x wife), she played basketball with her for quite some time. What can you say.
RIP

I don't think my liver'll take another Aussie Icon passing away, what with Steve, Colin and now Peter. At least they'll make good company for each other while they're waiting in line to be processed by St Pete. Imagine the yarns! :party:

If bad things come in threes theres one more to go.....

Who will it be? Probably not a politician that would be asking too much!

If bad things come in threes theres one more to go.....

Who will it be? Probably not a politician that would be asking too much!
Steve, Colin and now Peter, so which one doesn't count :blink: or have the changed the alphabet lately :angry:

oh man that sucks, some of the best Aussie icons :beerbang: .....gone :(

Oh I missed Colin , he wasn't a celeb in the same way as Steve and Peter were ...? Do poet/authors count?

:blink: Just kidding.

Not that I need an excuse but thats one more toast for tonight ...right now its beer time!

damn tootin!
he raced many a verb :ph34r: and wrestled the boredom out of our primary school minds.. :beer: .. well, some of us maybe.

Definately time for a beer.

So long boys, we may never see your likes again but our lives are in some way richer because you shared yours.

g

I'm not afraid to tell you all that I might have a man-teary at some stage this weekend. I took my little ones to Australia Zoo this week so my boy could leave a picture he drew there.

Bloody moving stuff.

And then Brocky.

Next race on the V8 calendar is the first one he'll miss ever.

InCider.

I will be having a few beers for him tonight.

My wife and i met him a few years back at a holden enthusiests day i had my use enteres in in forbes. (west of sydney in the bush) I will agree that he was a great person that would chat with anyone and had more than his fare share of storys to tell

He signed my very rare limited edition tooheys 1000 jacket thats 15 years old and still brand new, my "I MISS BROCKY" hat and my fav...... he sat in my ute and signed the dash. I even got photo of it.

We got a great pic of my wife and brocky (she is also a big fan) and it hangs proudly on the wall with all the other brocky pics, posters and plate colections.

Long live the king of the mountain :beer:

we will all miss you.

Back