A grope among the gum trees.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an interesting comment!

Are you (and your wife) concerned that you might have pulled a "Don" yourself if tempted?
That's an interesting comment!

Are you (and your wife) concerned that you might have pulled a "Don" yourself if tempted?
You would be suprised how many tradies are like that. More worried about harassment accusations than temptation or the ole chest nut "she'll distract the other workers"
As a NFP rto i provide a free(not even funded) 4 week pre apprenticeship course that has a work experience portion. Its hard to convince some employers to give the girls a go. We just had a young lady finish her carpentry apprentice ship after doing our pre app course. Along the way she has won a few awards and is now a site supervisor for a major contractor and she can well handle any comments from the boys.
If i look back over my 30 years on jobsites, and if i was charged for each time i said "while your down there" or perfectly position my self on a ladder to fart on someone, I'd have Grimshaw herself chasing me down.

Notice you never get any guys/gals complaining about harrsement from a female worker...i don't think anyone who believe them

vetoed or vetted?
heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_dblbig.jpg

My dear mother, who is 93, reckons that if any bloke ever got fresh with her at work, (during the war, making gun-sights in an industrial setting) they got bloody short shrift and her male workmates always backed her up. She reckons a women must always let em know the limit. Mates at nine said he was a deadset @$(&%^$

Notice you never get any guys/gals complaining about harrsement from a female worker...i don't think anyone who believe them

It's a bit of a different dynamic though. I've got a mate who is being hounded by this fruitoop in his work (I've met her, wow). She's asked him out 7 times, tried to feed him chocolates by hand from behind whilst he's at his desk and turned up in hospital after he had an op....., before his wife even showed...., his whife that had given birth to their second child not a month previously. She is an absolute unit.

The behaviour is well past what would normally push a girl into action but my mate is only annoyed, he doesn't feel threatened. It's not like she's going to be able to physically overpower him and force herself on him or rape her, etc. and she's not above him at work in terms of seniority either. So the power imbalance is actually on his side and therefore she's just an annoyance rather than a threat and he thus doesn't bothe with kicking up a stink.

I'd say that's probably similar to most situations when there's girl on boy harrassment.

It's a bit of a different dynamic though. I've got a mate who is being hounded by this fruitoop in his work (I've met her, wow). She's asked him out 7 times, tried to feed him chocolates by hand from behind whilst he's at his desk and turned up in hospital after he had an op....., before his wife even showed...., his whife that had given birth to their second child not a month previously. She is an absolute unit.

The behaviour is well past what would normally push a girl into action but my mate is only annoyed, he doesn't feel threatened. It's not like she's going to be able to physically overpower him and force herself on him or rape her, etc. and she's not above him at work in terms of seniority either. So the power imbalance is actually on his side and therefore she's just an annoyance rather than a threat and he thus doesn't bothe with kicking up a stink.

I'd say that's probably similar to most situations when there's girl on boy harrassment.
You never know what can happen look at the A student being sued for $250,000 in a section 18C racial hatred case.

Sorry? Not sure what you're getting at there.
When you get taken to court its going to cost lots of money and sometimes payments are made to avoid this cost fruitloop probably paranoid and thinks everyone is plotting against them thats why labor hire companies exist because you can pick your workers.

I would be extremely careful in that situation to document everything. It is a nutter like that (whether male or female) who could flip and cry harassment because their advances aren’t being taken seriously.

Does it matter if he doesn't feel threatened? She is not allowed to do what she is doing.
Not all men that make lewd jokes are looking to rape their fellow female employees.

I think men are ignorant to the fact that unwanted attention from somebody vastly more physically intimidating in terms of physical size can trigger a reaction that seems at times disproportionate.
Juiced to the gills Pro UFC fighter Gabi Garcia, in terms of size and strength, would be to the average man what the average man is to the average woman, and then some.
Six foot three and 98 kg. Even without the BJJ black belt she holds, she could effortlessly up end most blokes.

gabi-garcia-rizin-2.jpg

I would be extremely careful in that situation to document everything. It is a nutter like that (whether male or female) who could flip and cry harassment because their advances aren’t being taken seriously.
Yeah, it's been reported quietly to those in charge so that there is awareness of the situation.

Back