A grope among the gum trees.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it matter if he doesn't feel threatened? She is not allowed to do what she is doing.
Not all men that make lewd jokes are looking to rape their fellow female employees.

Does it matter? Well to him, yes I guess it does. He feels he can manage it without escalation. Just because some one is doing what they are not meant to doesn't mean they have to be hung out to dry. A good example would be that not all men that make lewd jokes are looking to rape their fellow female employees.

Then again, I was at a gig once where I swear the band on stage was the Cosmic Psycos. In any case, the singer got on the mike and said something like' I dont believe in this romance bullshit, so I'm just gonna show ya the fuckin goods'.
Then proceeded to take his cock out and shake it around a bit. I guess the female members of the audience accepted that was within the context of the performance.

Remember what you do/say today my come back to bite you in 20, 30, 40 years time. Some are certainly justifiable (unquestionable) but some are what was acceptable at the time. I can not recall one women that complained about a “wolf whistle” from a building site, it was generally seen as a compliment but now, can’t do it.

^^ Speaking only from personal experience/knowledge, i'm pretty sure of the girls i knew 25-30 years ago, the dozen or so who had been wolf-whistled all saw it as intimidating & crass, and simply a cross to begrudgingly bear. None of them saw it as complimentary. I'm sure most of them knew it was intended as something like a compliment, but it just felt a little more rapey instead. Don't forget it's not just that the guys are roughy twice their size, but also there's a group of them. And i'm assuming we all know how people can behave when in groups, as opposed to when they're just individuals.
Maybe it's just coincidence that was 100% of my sample group. Maybe all the other girls loved it. But i'm skeptical.

New zoo in Blacktown, in Sydney they need to be careful the goodies had a zoo where they bred Rolf Harris', creating a plague across Britain. this could happen with Don Burkes who knows they could cross breed. with the Rolf Harris' this could be a south park episode.

I'd love to see Southpark do an entire episode as a Goodies parody. This take on a classic episode with a modern cultural reference of sexual predation would be right up the ally of Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Can see it happening.

^^ Speaking only from personal experience/knowledge, i'm pretty sure of the girls i knew 25-30 years ago, the dozen or so who had been wolf-whistled all saw it as intimidating & crass, and simply a cross to begrudgingly bear. None of them saw it as complimentary. I'm sure most of them knew it was intended as something like a compliment, but it just felt a little more rapey instead. Don't forget it's not just that the guys are roughy twice their size, but also there's a group of them. And i'm assuming we all know how people can behave when in groups, as opposed to when they're just individuals.
Maybe it's just coincidence that was 100% of my sample group. Maybe all the other girls loved it. But i'm skeptical.

Based on my expereince as a bloke that has often times been around other blokes, one guy offering a harmless wolf whistle will often be followed by the attention-seeking-rapey dude of the bunch following up with a "show us ya tits".

You may well be right there in 25-30 years ago, I was forgetting my age and reference was more 40-50 years ago.

Does it matter? Well to him, yes I guess it does. He feels he can manage it without escalation. Just because some one is doing what they are not meant to doesn't mean they have to be hung out to dry. A good example would be that not all men that make lewd jokes are looking to rape their fellow female employees.

I could have sworn that's what I said in my previous post.
That's my point. Is it ok for a man to make lewd jokes about/to a woman if she can take it?

Wow. Just read this thread. Is it for real? I always thought he was a nice guy. Comes from out our way too. Surely it can't be true.

Latest posts

Back