Perth Brewers' Big Day Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell you guys are all young bucks !
Well maybe not Simon , hope you can put up with an older bush brewer when I get down there
Batz

Cheers fellas, that was good fun. Any ideas for next time?

BigD, thanks for noticing!

Batz, when are you coming down? Friday arvo in the city still the go?

Jeez thanks Batz, everyone looks like a young buck except me hey? Good thing I'm not the sensitive type. I enjoyed the day, will do it again.

Suggestions for next time? Personally I like the "try each others homebrew and guess the hop" bit best. If anyone was interested in a "Perth Brewers Day In" in the future, or when Batz is here I'd happily volunteer my back yard and fire up the barbie for a homebrew and tall tale swapping session. Would have a chance to try peoples best and worst and get feedback. I am starting to think I have my first infection, my Hoegarden Wit is tasting quite tart at 6 months old, but I'm really not sure, and somebody else might recognise the taste. (Or I guess it could kill them, maybe best check on the liability insurance). And I'd love to try famous brews like Deebees rauchbier and medicinal cherry ale. Anyway something to think about.

PS Batz, both kegs drilled and fitted with taps and internal pickups, trial boil at the weekend, no leaks, copper manifold built in mash tun, could be an ag brew happening soon.

Great afternoon chaps - thanks, it was most enjoyable. The tasting was a very interesting - I was very impressed, there were some fantastic beers there!

We will have to do it again. I like Simon's idea of a Big Day In (particularly as its a 5 minute stagger from my place). I'm going to make a habit of going to the West Coast Brewers too

Nice to see you didn't waste the weekend Batz - is that a Coral Trout? nice size....

Will set aside a Benadryl Expectorant Export and an Old Smoky tonight.

In fact GL if you like the cough syrup you can have it all. Not much demand for it in my house. I might just keep a few bottles for those winter lurgies.

Goat will arrive 14/4 , and sure the Friday night sounds good
Guest Lucker , barbie beer tasting sounds great , I could bring a couple a long necks
Batz

Did I say they looked kie young bucks but you did'nt Simon ??

No no I mean you look the wisest of the lot , best looking , nicest shirt , most intellegent , looks like you brew the best beer , can'y think of anything else but if I could it would be all nice :D :p
Phew.....hope that gets me out the shit :unsure: :blink: :ph34r:

Still like the barbie idea

is it just me kook..i cant open any of the pics you posted

thanks jasony.good to have some computer gurus on this site.

yep good to see there saving me some kegs kook. :D

Thanks great pics , did someone like the barmaid?
Can't believe how young Simon looks , is he a teenager?

nice try Batz - I think the hole was deeper than that....... :D

Doh !!!
:rolleyes: :unsure: :ph34r:

:D
nothing quite like the local delicacy of northern batz roasted over a nice hot bbq plate whilst washed down with good banter and local homebrew. :p
have fun batz :lol:

Back